Crossed out names on Census

  • sherryl wright
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2012
      My husband's grandfather and his family are listed in the 1910 census living with the sister and her family. Grandfather's family has lines going thru it. They were living there, and that is the only place they were living. Why the cross out? The answer died with the enumerator. If they were not listed and then crossed out, they would not have been found, they would have vanished for that census.

    • Paul Walworth
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2012
        I have found my family in the census where they are crossed out but not that often and I know they were very much alive at that time.

        Paul