Re: [FHCNET] Pruning the Temple Ordinances List

  • Jan Ashford
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2012
      I just went through the process last week of getting the names in my
      deceased husband's file released. He only had three, but they were
      released in about 3 days. Then support requested his PID and checked to
      be sure there were no more names in his file.
      I would say things are looking up with this problem. Be aware that the
      KD on this has not been updated and is very discouraging to patrons.
      Jan

      On 05/02/2012 04:19 PM, Bill Buchanan wrote:
      > . I
      > realize that we are encouraged to not reserve more names than we can
      > complete in a reasonable amount of time, and I am repenting ... which is
      > always a positive thing. My wife and I are at the temple twice a week, but
      > even so, more of my names need to be assigned to the temple. I find it a
      > simpler and more efficient way of doing things than passing out cards to
      > friends and relatives, although it may take longer to complete the
      > ordinances.
      > The policy on frozen accounts has been loosened a little lately. It is
      > easier to have names released. The eventual promise is that all reserved
      > names will be released when the patron dies, but I don't hear this referred
      > to very often.
      >
      > Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    • Lois Casson
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2012
        I have a whole lot more than 117 names on my list but I submit
        everything directly to temples files and as I need names for endowments
        and sealings I print some off. I work at the temple so leave my cards
        there. This is the system I use to make sure no one is left in limbo
        when I die.

        Lo in Flo

        On 5/2/2012 3:31 PM, Travis Morris wrote:

        > Recently a member in our ward died. After her funeral I, as a FH
        > consultant, tried to access her file in order to release her Temple
        > Ordinance List. Our ward clerk is right on the ball and had already
        > reported her death and her file was sealed. FamilySearch support said only
        > a direct family member can get a name released from her sealed Temple
        > Ordinance list.
        > You have 117 names in your list. Can you do all the work on all those
        > names
        > before you die? Are you sure?
        > Travis
        >
        > From: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FHCNET%40yahoogroups.com>

        Lo in Flo
        Lois Kalander Casson
        Pensacola, FL

      • Tom Kemp
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2012
          A simple solution/upgrade feature.

          nFS should add a feature that let's us check box (on the left column) - and
          then easily execute a mass flip of records from reserved for us to do to
          general Temple file - or vice versa.

          This is a needed enhancement that would be very handy.
          Tom

        • Bill Buchanan
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2012
            Amen Brother. Please send your message to support@... .