Re: [FHCNET] Re: access to new.familysearch

  • Rosemary Hopkins
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2012
      Thanks for the clarifications, Everyone. I will see what I can do to help
      this gentleman. I thought perhaps there had been a policy change I missed.
      But the KD shows otherwise. Rosemary

      On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Ken <Ken_Richins@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > YES, at the current time ANY patron who asks for access will be give
      > immediate access to either or both nFS and FamilySearch Family Tree. There
      > are limits on the number of Beta Users to FamilySearch Family Tree, when
      > that limit is reached then headquarters looks at the load and usually
      > within a few days will increase the allowed number of users. This will
      > continue until the projected full release date is reached.
      >
      > Elder Richins
      > FamilySearch Patron and Partner Support

    • Sylvia H. Sonneborn
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2012
        Rosemary,

        I love the exciting news that we received about the public being able to
        access nFS and FT, but I wonder why we have to hear it from the chat line.
        This is the kind of information that warrants an official statement from
        FamilySearch to family history consultants, or the KD needs to be updated.
        A number of my non-member friends have been waiting for access, so I am
        going to pass the information on to them, hoping the registration process
        will work for them. Thanks to all of you who had more up-to-date
        information than I had.

        Sylvia

        Subject: Re: [FHCNET] Re: access to new.familysearch

        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2012
          This blog post has the latest from FamilySearch about the Family Tree.
          https://www.familysearch.org/blog/family-tree-access/

          If you got the Consultant Newsletter last Friday, you probably saw this, but that may not have gotten to everyone who should have gotten that.