Re: access to new.familysearch

  • Wendy Quirke
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2012
      If you go to the Help Center and put in Non-Member access to nFS, there is
      a Knowledge Document with a link in it that is an invitation to nFS and
      help to create an account.

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2012
        I went to the document but it said access to the public is still restricted. However it did say to go ahead and register. Does this mean that any non-member who registers will be accepted?

        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Quirke <wquirke@...> wrote:

        > If you go to the Help Center and put in Non-Member access to nFS, there is
        > a Knowledge Document with a link in it that is an invitation to nFS and
        > help to create an account.

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2012
          YES, at the current time ANY patron who asks for access will be give immediate access to either or both nFS and FamilySearch Family Tree. There are limits on the number of Beta Users to FamilySearch Family Tree, when that limit is reached then headquarters looks at the load and usually within a few days will increase the allowed number of users. This will continue until the projected full release date is reached.

          Elder Richins
          FamilySearch Patron and Partner Support

        • Rosemary Hopkins
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2012
            Thanks for the clarifications, Everyone. I will see what I can do to help
            this gentleman. I thought perhaps there had been a policy change I missed.
            But the KD shows otherwise. Rosemary

            On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Ken <Ken_Richins@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > YES, at the current time ANY patron who asks for access will be give
            > immediate access to either or both nFS and FamilySearch Family Tree. There
            > are limits on the number of Beta Users to FamilySearch Family Tree, when
            > that limit is reached then headquarters looks at the load and usually
            > within a few days will increase the allowed number of users. This will
            > continue until the projected full release date is reached.
            >
            > Elder Richins
            > FamilySearch Patron and Partner Support

          • Sylvia H. Sonneborn
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2012
              Rosemary,

              I love the exciting news that we received about the public being able to
              access nFS and FT, but I wonder why we have to hear it from the chat line.
              This is the kind of information that warrants an official statement from
              FamilySearch to family history consultants, or the KD needs to be updated.
              A number of my non-member friends have been waiting for access, so I am
              going to pass the information on to them, hoping the registration process
              will work for them. Thanks to all of you who had more up-to-date
              information than I had.

              Sylvia

              Subject: Re: [FHCNET] Re: access to new.familysearch

              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2012
                This blog post has the latest from FamilySearch about the Family Tree.
                https://www.familysearch.org/blog/family-tree-access/

                If you got the Consultant Newsletter last Friday, you probably saw this, but that may not have gotten to everyone who should have gotten that.