access to new.familysearch

  • Rosemary Hopkins
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2012
      I had a patron come into the center this evening. He is a non-member.
      Someone told him he should have access to new.familysearch with a
      familysearch account. We had a group in the center and I could not really
      talk to him because of the class we were teaching. I told him I would try
      to get answers for him if he could come back tomorrow night. Is there no
      access given to non-members at this time because of the changes coming this
      year or is new.familysearch access restricted to only non-members working
      in centers? I have no idea who told him he could have access--someone back
      east and we are in Arizona.

      Thanks for your help.
      Rosemary

    • Wendy Quirke
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2012
        If you go to the Help Center and put in Non-Member access to nFS, there is
        a Knowledge Document with a link in it that is an invitation to nFS and
        help to create an account.

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2012
          I went to the document but it said access to the public is still restricted. However it did say to go ahead and register. Does this mean that any non-member who registers will be accepted?

          --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Quirke <wquirke@...> wrote:

          > If you go to the Help Center and put in Non-Member access to nFS, there is
          > a Knowledge Document with a link in it that is an invitation to nFS and
          > help to create an account.

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2012
            YES, at the current time ANY patron who asks for access will be give immediate access to either or both nFS and FamilySearch Family Tree. There are limits on the number of Beta Users to FamilySearch Family Tree, when that limit is reached then headquarters looks at the load and usually within a few days will increase the allowed number of users. This will continue until the projected full release date is reached.

            Elder Richins
            FamilySearch Patron and Partner Support

          • Rosemary Hopkins
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2012
              Thanks for the clarifications, Everyone. I will see what I can do to help
              this gentleman. I thought perhaps there had been a policy change I missed.
              But the KD shows otherwise. Rosemary

              On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Ken <Ken_Richins@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > YES, at the current time ANY patron who asks for access will be give
              > immediate access to either or both nFS and FamilySearch Family Tree. There
              > are limits on the number of Beta Users to FamilySearch Family Tree, when
              > that limit is reached then headquarters looks at the load and usually
              > within a few days will increase the allowed number of users. This will
              > continue until the projected full release date is reached.
              >
              > Elder Richins
              > FamilySearch Patron and Partner Support

            • Sylvia H. Sonneborn
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2012
                Rosemary,

                I love the exciting news that we received about the public being able to
                access nFS and FT, but I wonder why we have to hear it from the chat line.
                This is the kind of information that warrants an official statement from
                FamilySearch to family history consultants, or the KD needs to be updated.
                A number of my non-member friends have been waiting for access, so I am
                going to pass the information on to them, hoping the registration process
                will work for them. Thanks to all of you who had more up-to-date
                information than I had.

                Sylvia

                Subject: Re: [FHCNET] Re: access to new.familysearch

                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2012
                  This blog post has the latest from FamilySearch about the Family Tree.
                  https://www.familysearch.org/blog/family-tree-access/

                  If you got the Consultant Newsletter last Friday, you probably saw this, but that may not have gotten to everyone who should have gotten that.