Indexers and Arbitrators

  • Donna McNamara
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 15, 2012
      s an indexer and an arbitrator, I feel you pain. I have had times where I
      knew the information I input was correct. I try to stick to the areas that
      I am familiar with. When doing Texas records, I was shocked at the given
      and surnames that were mispelled because the indexer did not know the
      typical Hispanic names of the area. I have had arbitrators overrule me on
      my data while indexing. I give feedback when I am sure that my data was the
      correct one.

      If we do not give feedback, then those arbitrators will not be re-educated.
      I hope that in giving feedback, TPTB (the powers that be) will give a
      rating to the arbitrators, me included. I am willing to look at my
      mistakes.

      Take deep breathes

      Pray often

      Work hard

      Iowa Indexer and Arbitrator

    • Lois Casson
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 16, 2012
        The good news is the fewer pages that you have done the easier it is to
        bring up you percentage. I take a break and do Ohio Marriage records.
        They are from 1955-1965, at least the ones I have done so far and
        general have 10 entries to a batch. Easy to help your percentages.

        Lois

        --
        Lo in Flo
        Lois Kalander Casson