Indexing Question

  • Gary Templeman
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2012
      If one chooses to work on a project offline, a message pops up saying to be sure you are disconnected from the Internet. Why do you need to be disconnected, shouldn't the program just ignore any connection? What bad things will happen if you do NOT disconnect first?

      Gary

    • Lois Casson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2012
        I just click okay. I wondered the same thing first time but found out I
        was indeed offline when I tried to submit my next batch. So nothing
        dire will happen.

        Lois

        On 4/4/2012 8:47 PM, Gary Templeman wrote:

        > If one chooses to work on a project offline, a message pops up saying
        > to be sure you are disconnected from the Internet. Why do you need to
        > be disconnected, shouldn't the program just ignore any connection?
        > What bad things will happen if you do NOT disconnect first?
        >
        > Gary

        Lo in Flo
        Lois Kalander Casson
        Pensacola, FL

      • Terri Jaskolka
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 5:34 PM
          Once during an impromptu training session of several people I let them
          learn to index using my account. I found that I had to check the "work
          offline" option in order to let more than one person access my account
          (after having downloaded a batch to train on). Otherwise, we were unable to
          log in multiple times. I also noticed that when someone had started working
          offline, the batch was no longer available when I prepared a setup for
          someone else. Perhaps that is a way of "checking out" (like a library
          book?) that batch so you won't work on it on one computer, and bring it up
          elsewhere (can't, 'cause it's checked out) and not be able to access the
          previous work?

          I dunno, that's the first time I've ever tried that functionality, and we
          used it for something it wasn't meant for, so take that account for what
          it's worth. ;)

          -Terri J.