RE: [FHCNET] question about 1940 census

  • Shanna Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
      https://the1940census.com/

      https://the1940census.com/society/start/ Links here for fliers, etc.

      From: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FHCNET@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Rosemary Hopkins
      Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:37 PM
      To: Family History Center Yahoo Group
      Subject: [FHCNET] question about 1940 census

      Hello, Everyone.

      In the February newsletter sent to ward consultants from FamilySearch
      Indexing there was information about the 1940 census becoming available
      online on 2 Apr 2012. In the letter I remember seeing a reference to
      family history centers receiving posters and pass along cards to encourage
      members to join the indexing effort for this census. Does anyone know when
      the family history centers will receive these or whether or not we need to
      order them for our center? We are starting a push in our stake to
      participate in this indexing effort and before we start making our own
      posters and disseminating information, it would be nice to know if there
      are some things already produced by the church that can be used. If you
      can direct me to a website or other resource for information, would you let
      me know how to get this information?

      Thanks for your help.
      Rosemary Hopkins
      Flagstaff Stake

    • Rebecca Christensen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
        I received the poster and fliers for our FHC last Friday.  They were sent automatically from the Family History Department.

        Rebecca Christensen
        Kansas

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
          Thanks for letting me know they were automatically sent. Hopefully we will
          get ours this week or next. Rosemary

          On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Rebecca Christensen <rchristen@...