Re: [FHCNET] timy urls

  • Jill Holmes
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011
      Are those tiny url's only good for a limited time or are they usable 'for
      life' of the website?

      Jill

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011
        I am still using some that I made several years ago.

        Miles

        On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Jill Holmes <linkingfamilies@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Are those tiny url's only good for a limited time or are they usable 'for
        > life' of the website?
        >
        > Jill

      • Venita Roylance
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2011
          Tiny URLs are great! I use them all the time. They are much more likely to get you to a designated site than using the looooong URL. The longer the URL, the greater the chance for error.

          Venita

          On Oct 31, 2011, at 8:00 PM, Enoch or Marge wrote:

          > Hello everyone - I am wondering what you can tell me about tiny urls. We are
          > looking at the URL for our new website at familysearch wiki and thinking it is
          > way too long for anyone to think of typing in let alone having it on a brochure,
          > sign or business card. What experience do you have with using a tiny url. Is
          > that a viable alternative for us?
          >
          > Thanks a lot. Looking forward to your expertise and advice.
          >
          > Margery Bell
          > Oakland Large Multi Stake Family History Center
          > https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Oakland_California_Large_Multi-stake_Family_History_Center
          >
          > or
          > http://tinyurl.com/OCLMFHC

        • L. L. Scott