Re: [FHCNET] Film Box Labels and Online Film Ordering

  • Rosemary Hopkins
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 18, 2011
      Thanks for the site. I have forwarded the information to our volunteer. I
      could not find the listing for the different states. Our FHC is in
      Flagstaff, Arizona. I assume Mesa/Phoenix will be the first in our state to
      have the "key" turned. I appreciate your quick response. It looks like we
      will need to continue to be patient. Rosemary

    • Paul Walworth
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 18, 2011
        Roll out date for Washington and all the West;  July 27 - Northwest area and West Area (The rest of the West &
        Hawaii)

        ________________________________
> [...]

        > > > Boy I was not looking forward to that kind of response... I asked this
        > > same
        > > > question and was told to wait until the webenar training and ask it.
        > > > Apparently from your response there is no provision for this - which I
        > do
        > > > not understand. since a lot of the clerical work will now be done by
        > the
        > > > web site, hopefully my and your job will be a lot easier. I have
        > started
        > > > using my own template using a table in Microsoft Word I assume the
        > other
        > > > word processing programs have something similar and have experimented
        > > with
        > > > just copying and pasting the data in from Excel, where I keep my
        > personal
        > > > record of film activity. I hope I can do the same thing from the web

      • Paul Walworth
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 18, 2011
          This has just been posted on our skye site for use of the chat site to find answers;

          HOW TO USE THE FAMILYSEARCH CHAT LINE.

          1.) Open your web browser. (Internet Explorer, Firefox, or other.)
          2.) Go to www.familysearch.org/help
          3.) Click on the "Contact FamilySearch" link on the right side of the screen.
          4.) At the "Contact FamilySearch" screen, click on the "Click here to start an online chat>>" link located below the Chat with us online section.
          5.) Enter your name.
          6.) Enter your e-mail address.  (In case they need to e-mail information to you after the chat.)
          7.) Enter your phone number.  (In case they need to call you with better information.)
          8.)  Select and enter the number from the seven area listed.  One of our Missionaries will be available online to answer your questions.

          "In order to assist you, please type the number that best fits the reason for contacting us."
          (Please specify which category your question pertains to (i.e. enter the number):
          **********
          1.  New FamilySearch
          2.  Records, Images or Collections
          3.  PAF and other Family History Products
          4.  Indexing
          5.  Family History Center Assistance
          6.  Online Film Ordering
          7.  Personal Research Assistance

          Hope this will help anyone needing to find a quick way to get answers.

          Elder Walworth

          ________________________________
[...]
          web page you can link to some neat videos on the new system... We also got a

          *Carl Rigtrup*
          425 271-1614

        • Rebecca Christensen
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 18, 2011
            I am a FHC Director in Kansas and haven't received any notification about the online film ordering going live in our area.   But with all of the talk on this list about a webinar, I went to the training page on FamilySearch and there were the training videos on the list.  I still have no idea when the online ordering will be happening here, but at least the training videos are now available.

            Rebecca Christensen

          • Paul Walworth
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 18, 2011
              Prerecorded Webinars can always be viewed and your area will now Launch in September instead of October, but we have not received a date so far.  This is one recorded in June;

              http://ldschurch1.adobeconnect.com/p9dhppascz4/

              You will be sent an email well in advance of your launch date and will be invited to a more up to date webinar and if time permits a Q/A session.  There will always be added helps if you need later after your training such as;

[...]

              There are also email helps and of course a phone call 1-866-406-1830

              Elder Walworth

              ________________________________
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 18, 2011
                I believe that the online film ordering program is being rolled out by areas
                of the country, The Southwestern US was rolled out late last month. As one
                of the Area Advisers in the Southwest I was notified to let the FHC's know
                about the scheduled rollout in our area. I informed the FHC's of the
                webinar training and the code to enter the class. I am sure that each area
                of the country will received notification shortly before they receive the
                training. The big thing that everyone needs to do is ensure all films and
                fiche that the center has on hand is entered into Inventory Manager. That
                will preclude patrons re-ordering films and fiche that you already have on
                hand.
                Len Ingermanson

                On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Rebecca Christensen <
                rchristen@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > I am a FHC Director in Kansas and haven't received any notification about
                > the online film ordering going live in our area. But with all of the talk
                > on this list about a webinar, I went to the training page on FamilySearch
                > and there were the training videos on the list. I still have no idea when
                > the online ordering will be happening here, but at least the training videos
                > are now available.
                >
                > Rebecca Christensen

              • Rebecca Christensen
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 18, 2011
                  Well, I am happy to say that I finished getting the inventory entered into IM  TODAY.  I started last November when the letter came out and have been working on it since then.  It is good to be finished.

                  Rebecca Christensen

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 25, 2011
                    We just use plain white paper and cut the labels out and tape them to
                    the boxes. When they are ready to be sent back, we peel the tape off
                    and send the films back. The tape peels off very easily and leaves no
                    residue.

                    It would probably be easier to use the no-stick labels, I will need to
                    look into those. I'm just doing what the previous director did. I
                    should probably "break out of the mold."

                    Joan in NC
                  • PhilBess@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 26, 2011
                      We print the "wrap around" labels from IM, cut the labels to show only the printed information, and use a rubber band around the box to hold the label in place over the film number on the box. No tape, no residue, no damage, no problems -- and rubber bands are re usable.

                      Phil Besselievre
                      Fort Worth Texas FHC