RE: [FHCNET] nFS

  • Shanna Jones
    Message 1 of 49 , Feb 14, 2011
      You can correct information in New FamilySearch, in fact that is exactly
      what you should do. You just need to send them the explanation of why you
      think it is incorrect, be sure you have added the correct information and if
      you have any documentation, even a digital image of the proof, send it
      along. I have even sent them the link to the document on either
      familysearch.org or on ancestry.com, for them to verify my opinion. Just
      today I received this:

      RE: Nancy Louisa Clark PID # KWNT-5SK

      Thank you for contacting FamilySearch. We were able to unlink Nancy Louisa
      Clark from Timothy Baldwin Clark and Mary Keeler as her father and mother.
      She now shows in nFS as the daughter of Lorenzo Clark and Beulah Ann Rogers.

      Sincerely,

      FamilySearch Data Administration

      So, don't give up trying. Jay Verkler, the CEO of FamilySearch said there
      is always some waste when we build a temple, we can't expect to build this
      system without some waste. Just because the drywall doesn't fit exactly
      into place and they still have to cut it and tape it, doesn't mean they give
      up on building the temple. We must just persevere and keep trying.

      You also need to remember that we are beta testing version .994 right now,
      most programs are not released until the reach at least 1.0 and NFS is still
      in its infancy. It is a wonderful program, working worldwide, in eight
      languages, we can all log in and see the same data, it keeps our living data
      only visible to us, the temple ordinances are there, names are cleared at
      home, we can discuss, collaborate, sign in to help others, make corrections,
      send feedback, visit the help center, view tutorials, etc. etc.

      I encourage you to just keep trying, don't give up. Fix what you know needs
      to be fixed and keep your chin up!

      Happy Valentine's Day!

      Shanna Jones

    • Paul Walworth
      Message 49 of 49 , Feb 14, 2011
        I find getting use to the KD's and how and where to find them in time to be of
        service to a active call. It is much nicer to be able to look as things come to
        you either by searching or skyping your team and getting added help to be of
        service to the partons and helping them in having a good experience help with
        this work.

        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Paul Walworth <pdgjw1936@...> wrote:
        > I agree I am working as a CSM and one of the people on my shift was telling me

        > she didn't think she needed a program either. That is until I told her about
        > all the uses they do have and the benefits they provide. So she is having
        >after
        >
        > thoughts about whether she needs a software program.

        I am most grateful to have been allowed to serve as a FSSM, (a FamilySearch
        Support Missionary) which Paul Walworth refers to as a CSM. One of the most
        important things which we learned was our answers should cite from and refer to
        information in the knowledge documents and that we should attach KDs (Knowledge
        Documents). When we follow this counsel, we then speak for the FH department.
        When missionaries do not refer to and quote KD information, their opinions are
        often misleading, incorrect and they are not following their training.

        The topic in this response would best be answered by citing KD:105366 "Using the
        new FamilySearch instead of personal genealogy software on your own computer."
        It explains some advantages to using nFS BUT then it spells out in some detail a
        list of disadvantages when member's use only nFS.

        Bottom line found in the Knowledge Document - members should use personal
        software programs such as PAF. That KD also links to a citation about the
        purpose of the new.FamilySearch program.

        Terry Mason
        Clermont, FL