RE: [FHCNET] nFS

  • Shanna Jones
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 14, 2011
      You can correct information in New FamilySearch, in fact that is exactly
      what you should do. You just need to send them the explanation of why you
      think it is incorrect, be sure you have added the correct information and if
      you have any documentation, even a digital image of the proof, send it
      along. I have even sent them the link to the document on either
      familysearch.org or on ancestry.com, for them to verify my opinion. Just
      today I received this:

      RE: Nancy Louisa Clark PID # KWNT-5SK

      Thank you for contacting FamilySearch. We were able to unlink Nancy Louisa
      Clark from Timothy Baldwin Clark and Mary Keeler as her father and mother.
      She now shows in nFS as the daughter of Lorenzo Clark and Beulah Ann Rogers.

      Sincerely,

      FamilySearch Data Administration

      So, don't give up trying. Jay Verkler, the CEO of FamilySearch said there
      is always some waste when we build a temple, we can't expect to build this
      system without some waste. Just because the drywall doesn't fit exactly
      into place and they still have to cut it and tape it, doesn't mean they give
      up on building the temple. We must just persevere and keep trying.

      You also need to remember that we are beta testing version .994 right now,
      most programs are not released until the reach at least 1.0 and NFS is still
      in its infancy. It is a wonderful program, working worldwide, in eight
      languages, we can all log in and see the same data, it keeps our living data
      only visible to us, the temple ordinances are there, names are cleared at
      home, we can discuss, collaborate, sign in to help others, make corrections,
      send feedback, visit the help center, view tutorials, etc. etc.

      I encourage you to just keep trying, don't give up. Fix what you know needs
      to be fixed and keep your chin up!

      Happy Valentine's Day!

      Shanna Jones

    • Paul Walworth
      Message 57 of 57 , Aug 14, 2016
        I have found there are times when I need to reboot my computer because of this problem and that takes care of this for me at least so far.

        Paul
        in Texas

        New Family search is gone. Familysearch seems to be fine…