RE: [FHCNET] nFS

  • Joan Raney
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 14, 2011
      Many, many thanks to all that wrote in about my dilemma.

      I agree that you can't go in and make corrections to your family tree
      and expect it to stay correct. There are others out there that think
      your corrections are mistakes, as well as you think that their
      corrections are mistakes.

      I agree with those that say you should have your own genealogy program
      to store your correct data. This very example shows why you should have
      one. If I didn't have one with my own data, I would not have been able
      to find the sources to correct my data, as well as figure out what
      should be corrected.

      I will attempt to contact those connected with my tree and see if I can
      get a resolution.

      However, previous communications with others in nFS have not resolved
      other nFS issues so I must admit I am not as hopeful for this one. Over
      the years nFS has been in existence I have only been able to get in
      touch with one person about my family, and he didn't contact me again
      with the information I was seeking. Others don't have any way for me to
      get in touch with them, while the rest don't ever respond to my
      inquiries.

      However, I spoke to one of my consultants that has more experience with
      nFS than I do and he said that FH Support will help me fix it if I can't
      get in touch with the submitters. He will show me what to do if that is
      the case.

      Joan in NC
    • Paul Walworth
      Message 57 of 57 , Aug 14, 2016
        I have found there are times when I need to reboot my computer because of this problem and that takes care of this for me at least so far.

        Paul
        in Texas

        New Family search is gone. Familysearch seems to be fine…