Re: [FHCNET] Microfilm Cabinet Source?

  • libby.brinegar@bull.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
      Checking with corporations and/or employees is a very good way to find
      equipment. Shortly after I was called to be Director of the Glendale
      Arizona Family History Center, my company did a large move and downsize.
      We completely refurnished the FHC with tables and chairs and shelves from
      this downsize and for a very reasonable amount - about $250.00. This added
      about 48" to the middle of our FHC and a lot more room to move around and
      surface area on which to work.

      Just call some of these corporations and tell them who you are and ask if
      they have any of (whatever you are looking for). My company has donated
      bookshelves, cabinets, notebooks (1,000s), tables, chairs, etc. to numerous
      schools and libraries. Afterall, when you ask, the worst they can do is
      tell you "No" but you might find what you are looking for.

      Libby Brinegar, Director
      Glendale Arizona Family History Center