Re: [FHCNET] Ancestry Account

    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 29, 2010
      The portal can be access from the FHC computers at
      http://www.fhc.familysearch.org/ . You may have to load the security
      certificate if it is the first time (PortalCfg.exe).

      I have found wonderful Civil War and Revolutionary War records at Footnote
      which I can't find on Ancestry. World Vital Records has access to many
      newspapers that I don't see on Ancestry.
      There are some wonderful English records available on several of the
      databases also. I agree that Ancestry has a lot of records (I subscribe at
      home) but it isn't the only one on the net.

      You may also want to keep checking http://pilot.familysearch.org or
      http://fsbeta.familysearch.org to see what records they have added lately.

      Miles Meyer
      Jacksonville, FL

      On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Bonnie A <cactusgem@...> wrote:

      > How does one get to the FHC portal site?
      > Bonnie Shipley Anderson

    • Leslie Vaughn
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 31, 2010
        Thanks so much. I will try this.