Re: [FHCNET] Legacy 7.4 up and running

  • Emil O. Hanson
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2010
      Dear Legacy programmers,
      May I make a suggestion for a future release. With the digital
      capabilities of our day it seems reasonable now to ask for what I had hoped
      would be available years ago. That is the capability of saving JPEG images
      in our Legacy notes. I started years ago to save my sources in the notes
      file. When I found information that added data to my family file - I would
      save the location and type of data it was in my notes. It would take me a
      light year to change now. Many times the source was a census image, a
      picture, a sketch or a doc. image and I could only store it in a file
      outside my Legacy program. If the image could be reduced to 1"by 1" and
      stored in the note file it would be quicker and easier for researchers such
      as I. When the file was clicked on in the note file it would come up on a
      separate page as an image that could be pulled to whatever size the user
      wanted to pull it for printing, enhancing, or sending as an email image to
      anyone else. If you could pull that off you would have executed a real coup.
      I am not alone in this desire as many long term researchers have expressed
      the same interest to me. I am the director of the Ogden Regional Family
      History Center and have been for 9 years. We teach Legacy at the center and
      would we ever enjoy teaching that aspect of it, if it were available.

      On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM, <swensengen@...> wrote:

      > Just downloaded the new leagcy that works with new.familysearch.org
      >
      > It's still is not all up and working, but it is very similar to
      > FamilyInsight.
      >
      > It let's us select your direct line to check instead of all the names in
      > your files.
      >
      > Similar tracking system to Roots Magic4 for showing names sync to NFS.
      >
      > They have video's online to watch.
      >
      > Carol in Colorado

      Emil O. Hanson