RE: [FHCNET] Feedback on FamilySearch Affiliates

  • Nora Ray
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
      This group is very good at feedback. I think it would be fine.

      To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
      From: timothygcross@...
      Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 03:40:42 +0000
      Subject: [FHCNET] Feedback on FamilySearch Affiliates

      I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group provides.

      My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?

      Tim

    • ileenjohnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
        Tim,

        Yes, this topic is very acceptable.

        Ileen

        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "timothygcross" <timothygcross@...> wrote:

        > I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group provides.
        >
        > My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?
        >
        > Tim

      • Russell Hltn
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
          On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM, ileenjohnson <ileenjohnson@...> wrote:
          > Tim,
          >
          > Yes, this topic is very acceptable.
          >
          > Ileen

          Tim, sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but Ileen is the list
          owner, so you're good to go.
        • emregister
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
            I must disagree. I think this is a great place to post and to read opinions
            and comments regarding FS affiliates - or any other program or website that
            may be used by patrons.

            Eric

            To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [FHCNET] Feedback on FamilySearch Affiliates

            Tim -

            I don't think I can adequately express how glad I am that you're here and
            interested in hearing from us. I'd be more than happy to provide feedback,
            but would suggest that any requested info be sent to you directly and kept
            off the list. Our opinions about the software we use, and the need (or lack
            of need) for an affiliate program can lean a little toward dogmatism ...
            they can make for interesting reading, but really detract from the spirit of
            the group.

            What kind of feedback are you looking for, specifically? While I can't
            speak for the other members of the list, I don't know when a feature that I
            desire (but can't get) or an issue that bugs me is the result of an
            affiliate's programming priorities or a shortcoming in the API.

            - Stephen

            On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM, timothygcross
            <timothygcross@...>wrote:

            > I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group
            > provides.
            >
            > My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies
            > developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it
            > appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group
            > regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?
            >
            > Tim

            Groups Links