Feedback on FamilySearch Affiliates

  • timothygcross
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2010
      I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group provides.

      My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?

      Tim
    • L S Y
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
        Tim -

        I don't think I can adequately express how glad I am that you're here and
        interested in hearing from us. I'd be more than happy to provide feedback,
        but would suggest that any requested info be sent to you directly and kept
        off the list. Our opinions about the software we use, and the need (or lack
        of need) for an affiliate program can lean a little toward dogmatism ...
        they can make for interesting reading, but really detract from the spirit of
        the group.

        What kind of feedback are you looking for, specifically? While I can't
        speak for the other members of the list, I don't know when a feature that I
        desire (but can't get) or an issue that bugs me is the result of an
        affiliate's programming priorities or a shortcoming in the API.

        - Stephen

        On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM, timothygcross <timothygcross@...>wrote:

        > I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group
        > provides.
        >
        > My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies
        > developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it
        > appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group
        > regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?
        >
        > Tim

      • Nora Ray
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
          This group is very good at feedback. I think it would be fine.

          To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
          From: timothygcross@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 03:40:42 +0000
          Subject: [FHCNET] Feedback on FamilySearch Affiliates

          I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group provides.

          My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?

          Tim

        • ileenjohnson
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
            Tim,

            Yes, this topic is very acceptable.

            Ileen

            --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "timothygcross" <timothygcross@...> wrote:

            > I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group provides.
            >
            > My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?
            >
            > Tim

          • Russell Hltn
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
              On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM, ileenjohnson <ileenjohnson@...> wrote:
              > Tim,
              >
              > Yes, this topic is very acceptable.
              >
              > Ileen

              Tim, sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but Ileen is the list
              owner, so you're good to go.
            • emregister
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
                I must disagree. I think this is a great place to post and to read opinions
                and comments regarding FS affiliates - or any other program or website that
                may be used by patrons.

                Eric

                To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [FHCNET] Feedback on FamilySearch Affiliates

                <timothygcross@...>wrote:

                > I continue to be impressed with the knowledge and experience this group
                > provides.
                >
                > My current assignment is with FamilySearch Affiliates -- companies
                > developing products and services that work with FamilySearch. Is it
                > appropriate for me to request feedback occasionally from this group
                > regarding FamilySearch Affiliates?
                >
                > Tim

                Groups Links