Unreserving a name from TempleReady

  • Rosemary Hopkins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2010
      Hello, Everyone.
      I have a patron who reserved her husband's grandmother's name to do her work before newFamilySearch was introduced.  She cannot find her print out from TempleReady and in new FamilySearch under ordinances for the woman, it shows in progress with this patron's name as the one doing them.  She needs to unreserve the name as another family member wants to take the grandmother to the temple.  Grandmother's name does not appear on the patron's temple list at newFamilySearch so she can unreserve it in the standard way and she cannot reprint the FOR under the new system.

      I have looked for a KD that addresses this issue.  However, the searches I have done, do not tell me how to unreserve the name when it was originally reserved using TempleReady.  If anyone knows how to do this, would you let me know the process or if you can locate the KD, would you direct me to it?  I told the patron I would research the problem for a solution this weekend and I will meet with her again on Tuesday to let her know what progress has been made in resolving this issue.  I am sure this has happened many times before to other patrons and a consultant has the answer.  Any help would be appreciated.  If there is a support missionary that can help us, I have the PID for the individual and other particulars that would be helpful.

      Thanks for your help.
      Rosemary
      Flagstaff

    • Toni Rollins
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2010
        She may need to claim legacy to her file.

[...]

        _____

        Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:
        Spam
        <https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=320968593&m=e8691145bb98&c=s>
        Not
        <https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=320968593&m=e8691145bb98&c=n>
        spam
        Forget
        <https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=320968593&m=e8691145bb98&c=f>
        previous vote

        REMEMBER: Never give out your account information, password, or other
        personal information over e-mail.

        _____

      • Rosemary Hopkins
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2010
          I thought that might be the case.  We will try that.  Thanks for your fast response.
          Rosemary

          ________________________________
[...]

        • Sylvia H. Sonneborn

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 23, 2010
              Thanks for the tip.  I have contacted the patron with the information.  We will see how successful we will be following the process.
              Rosemary

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 24, 2010
                Rosemary,

                We had a similar situation that a patron had been trying to resolve for several weeks. FHSupport was not able to help due to a known system problem. The Dallas Temple staff looked up the Temple Ready submittal on the Ordinance Data Management (ODM) system, and with the submitter's permission, they reprinted the missing Family Name Slip, and the patron was able to complete the remaining ordinances.

                Looking a little further at that particular Temple Ready submittal, there were close to two hundred other names "in progress", which made trying to claim legacy to the submittal not a good idea.

                If you need more details, please contact me, and I will get you in touch with the staff members who assisted us.

                Phil Besselievre
                Fort Worth Texas Stake FHC

                --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Rosemary Hopkins <rhopkins523@...> wrote:

                > Hello, Everyone.
                > I have a patron who reserved her husband's grandmother's name to do her work before newFamilySearch was introduced.  She cannot find her print out from TempleReady and in new FamilySearch under ordinances for the woman, it shows in progress with this patron's name as the one doing them.  She needs to unreserve the name as another family member wants to take the grandmother to the temple.  Grandmother's name does not appear on the patron's temple list at newFamilySearch so she can unreserve it in the standard way and she cannot reprint the FOR under the new system.
                >
                > I have looked for a KD that addresses this issue.  However, the searches I have done, do not tell me how to unreserve the name when it was originally reserved using TempleReady.  If anyone knows how to do this, would you let me know the process or if you can locate the KD, would you direct me to it?  I told the patron I would research the problem for a solution this weekend and I will meet with her again on Tuesday to let her know what progress has been made in resolving this issue.  I am sure this has happened many times before to other patrons and a consultant has the answer.  Any help would be appreciated.  If there is a support missionary that can help us, I have the PID for the individual and other particulars that would be helpful.
                >
                > Thanks for your help.
                > Rosemary
                > Flagstaff

              • Rosemary Hopkins
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 24, 2010
                  Phil,
                  Thanks for the heads up.  I sent the information given to me so far to the patron and I have included your email to her.  I want her to know there is support for her and we are all willing to help her.  The bonus is as a family history center worker I may be able to help someone else with this same problem later on as I am sure this happens more frequently than we would like it to.  I told her this might not be a quick fix problem and to be patient with me as I research and contact various people for help.  She goes to the Snowflake Temple every Thursday.  Perhaps I will tag along with her if we haven't resolved it by then and see what we can do there.  I appreciate the insight as I did not know the temples had an ODM.  I am assuming every temple has access to it, but maybe only larger temples do--like the Arizona temple.  Since she is in another ward, I won't see her again until Tuesday and she might not have had a chance to work on the
                  problem before Monday.  In the meantime I will keep this email handy.

                  Thanks again for your help.
                  Rosemary