Re: [FHCNET] Hmm

  • Sue Maxwell
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 21, 2009
      Ron, what is the new limit on combining?

      Ron Tanner wrote:
      > Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on labs. We
      > have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when this will
      > happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that they could
      > not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons should
      > try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed ordinances unless
      > necessary.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ron

    • Ronfamilysearch
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
        150. In our next release in a few months it will go to 250.

        Thanks,
        Ron

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Dec 21, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Sue Maxwell <smaxwl@...> wrote:

        > Ron, what is the new limit on combining?
        >
        > Ron Tanner wrote:
        > > Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on
        > labs. We
        > > have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when
        > this will
        > > happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that
        > they could
        > > not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons
        > should
        > > try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed
        > ordinances unless
        > > necessary.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Ron

      • Mark E. Gower
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
          The current limit on combined records is 250 as of December 2009 Release. I understand that the IOUS problem has now abated to a manageable level.

          Mark E. Gower
          Mesa, Arizona, USA
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
            The biggest of these they have found has 8,000 assertions on it for just the one name, if you count all the children, etc., for that same person the total number of files associated with that one is 76,000.

            And they have a category of these they call 'black holes'.  Those almost no one outside of the teams building nFS has ever seen, those are the entries that seem to collect everything that even comes close to matching, and that one is still to be fully dealt with more than likely.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 28, 2010
              Couldn't nFS employees or volunteers be given the rights to delete out
              the duplicates that came in from PRF's for example? Seems to me that
              would make a huge difference.
              SueM