PAF Pal is now free

  • John Vilburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2009
      Steve Cannon, the developer of PAF Pal, passed away a few years ago. He was a good programmer and a good friend.

      PAF Pal was designed with the old TempleReady workflow in mind, although some of its functionality continues to be useful in some situations. Now that new FamilySearch is being used by so many people, we have contacted Steve's family and they have agreed to allow us to offer PAF Pal at no cost. To get your copy, go to www.ohanasoftware.com and click on the Purchase menu. Scroll down to find the free license for PAF Pal. Once you have your license you can download PAF Pal by going to the Download menu and choosing the Freeware/Shareware link.

      Merry Christmas from the Cannon family and your friends at Ohana Software
    • Alan Whitcomb
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2009
        As a registered user who bougt and STILL likes the program, I hope my
        registration code still works.

        I liked the ability to clear out some fields in PAF, like SUBMITTED from
        the ordinance date. I also like the way it cleaned up place data.

        Thanks John for putting it on ohansoftware.com and making it free.

        Then, I may be "old fashioned" as I was demonstrating PRF Magnet at the FHL
        today :)

        Maybe in the future a PAF 6 will be adopted that has these features built
        in, with more languages.

        Alan W.