Re: [FHCNET] Hmm

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
      That's where I saw it.

      I found it says

      In Progress
      Reserved
      [user who reserved name]

      for the ordiannce you are looking to see the data on. Once the ordinance is completed and done it will show Completed and the sdate as follows:

      Completed
      [name of temple]

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
        check it out I looked on nFS today and saw that family tree in now a view you can use.

        Clair Quilter
        Magna Stake Utah

        for the ordiannce you are looking to see the data on. Once the ordinance is completed and done it will show Completed and the sdate as follows:

        Completed
        [name of temple]

        > > Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that
        > allows a person to
        > > see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be
        > migrated over to nFS?
        > >
        > > That feature has saved me (really actually saved
        > others) a great deal
        > > of trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was
        > always a bit fun to
        > > see the reaction of others when they see who has
        > reserved a relative
        > > of theirs, even if it themselves!
        > >
        > > Thelmer Smith
        > > Tempe, Arizona

        >              or
        > send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@ yahoogroups. comYahoo!
        > Groups Links
        >

        >     FHCNET-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

      • Ronald Sudweeks
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
          Thelmer Smith wrote:
          > Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that allows a person to see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be migrated over to nFS?
          >
          > That feature has saved me (really actually saved others) a great deal of trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was always a bit fun to see the reaction of others when they see who has reserved a relative of theirs, even if it themselves!
          >
          > Thelmer Smith
          > Tempe, Arizona

          Another similar question, In Labs, Family Tree you are able to add a
          "unofficial" ordinance date if you have proof the work was done.
          I don't see that ability in the new Family Tree view in the latest .99
          release of newFamilySearch.

          Anyone know if this is there and I just missed it, or if it is not
          there, will it be added in the future.

          This is a mute question as long as Labs Family Tree is running, but I'm
          sure that at some time in the future it will be closed.

          --
          Ronald Sudweeks
          rsudweeks@...

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4697 (20091217) __________

          http://www.eset.com
        • Ron Tanner
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 21, 2009
            Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on labs. We
            have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when this will
            happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that they could
            not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons should
            try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed ordinances unless
            necessary.

            Thanks,
            Ron

            On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Ronald Sudweeks <rsudweeks@...>wrote:

            > Thelmer Smith wrote:
            > > Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that allows a person to
            > see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be migrated over to nFS?
            > >
            > > That feature has saved me (really actually saved others) a great deal of
            > trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was always a bit fun to see the
            > reaction of others when they see who has reserved a relative of theirs, even
            > if it themselves!
            > >
            > > Thelmer Smith
            > > Tempe, Arizona

            > Another similar question, In Labs, Family Tree you are able to add a
            > "unofficial" ordinance date if you have proof the work was done.
            > I don't see that ability in the new Family Tree view in the latest .99
            > release of newFamilySearch.
            >
            > Anyone know if this is there and I just missed it, or if it is not
            > there, will it be added in the future.
            >
            > This is a mute question as long as Labs Family Tree is running, but I'm
            > sure that at some time in the future it will be closed.
            >
            > --
            > Ronald Sudweeks
            > rsudweeks@... <rsudweeks%40comcast.net>

            > database 4697 (20091217) __________

            > http://www.eset.com

          • Sue Maxwell
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 21, 2009
              Ron, what is the new limit on combining?

              Ron Tanner wrote:
              > Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on labs. We
              > have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when this will
              > happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that they could
              > not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons should
              > try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed ordinances unless
              > necessary.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Ron

            • Ronfamilysearch
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
                150. In our next release in a few months it will go to 250.

                Thanks,
                Ron

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Dec 21, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Sue Maxwell <smaxwl@...> wrote:

                > Ron, what is the new limit on combining?
                >
                > Ron Tanner wrote:
                > > Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on
                > labs. We
                > > have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when
                > this will
                > > happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that
                > they could
                > > not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons
                > should
                > > try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed
                > ordinances unless
                > > necessary.
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Ron

              • Mark E. Gower
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
                  The current limit on combined records is 250 as of December 2009 Release. I understand that the IOUS problem has now abated to a manageable level.

                  Mark E. Gower
                  Mesa, Arizona, USA
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
                    The biggest of these they have found has 8,000 assertions on it for just the one name, if you count all the children, etc., for that same person the total number of files associated with that one is 76,000.

                    And they have a category of these they call 'black holes'.  Those almost no one outside of the teams building nFS has ever seen, those are the entries that seem to collect everything that even comes close to matching, and that one is still to be fully dealt with more than likely.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 28, 2010
                      Couldn't nFS employees or volunteers be given the rights to delete out
                      the duplicates that came in from PRF's for example? Seems to me that
                      would make a huge difference.
                      SueM