Hmm

  • Thelmer Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
      Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that allows a person to see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be migrated over to nFS?

      That feature has saved me (really actually saved others) a great deal of trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was always a bit fun to see the reaction of others when they see who has reserved a relative of theirs, even if it themselves!

      Thelmer Smith
      Tempe, Arizona

    • Jan Ashford
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
        It is there now. It shows on the LDS Ordinances window where the
        particular ordinance's date would be.

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
          That's where I saw it.

          I found it says

          In Progress
          Reserved
          [user who reserved name]

          for the ordiannce you are looking to see the data on. Once the ordinance is completed and done it will show Completed and the sdate as follows:

          Completed
          [name of temple]

          > > Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that
          > allows a person to
          > > see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be
          > migrated over to nFS?
          > >
          > > That feature has saved me (really actually saved
          > others) a great deal
          > > of trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was
          > always a bit fun to
          > > see the reaction of others when they see who has
          > reserved a relative
          > > of theirs, even if it themselves!
          > >
          > > Thelmer Smith
          > > Tempe, Arizona

          >              or
          > send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@yahoogroups.comYahoo!
          > Groups Links
          >

          >     FHCNET-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • clair quilter
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
            check it out I looked on nFS today and saw that family tree in now a view you can use.

            Clair Quilter
            Magna Stake Utah

            for the ordiannce you are looking to see the data on. Once the ordinance is completed and done it will show Completed and the sdate as follows:

            Completed
            [name of temple]

            > > Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that
            > allows a person to
            > > see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be
            > migrated over to nFS?
            > >
            > > That feature has saved me (really actually saved
            > others) a great deal
            > > of trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was
            > always a bit fun to
            > > see the reaction of others when they see who has
            > reserved a relative
            > > of theirs, even if it themselves!
            > >
            > > Thelmer Smith
            > > Tempe, Arizona

            >              or
            > send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@ yahoogroups. comYahoo!
            > Groups Links
            >

            >     FHCNET-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

          • Ronald Sudweeks
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 17, 2009
              Thelmer Smith wrote:
              > Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that allows a person to see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be migrated over to nFS?
              >
              > That feature has saved me (really actually saved others) a great deal of trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was always a bit fun to see the reaction of others when they see who has reserved a relative of theirs, even if it themselves!
              >
              > Thelmer Smith
              > Tempe, Arizona

              Another similar question, In Labs, Family Tree you are able to add a
              "unofficial" ordinance date if you have proof the work was done.
              I don't see that ability in the new Family Tree view in the latest .99
              release of newFamilySearch.

              Anyone know if this is there and I just missed it, or if it is not
              there, will it be added in the future.

              This is a mute question as long as Labs Family Tree is running, but I'm
              sure that at some time in the future it will be closed.

              --
              Ronald Sudweeks
              rsudweeks@...

              __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4697 (20091217) __________

              http://www.eset.com
            • Ron Tanner
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 21, 2009
                Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on labs. We
                have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when this will
                happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that they could
                not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons should
                try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed ordinances unless
                necessary.

                Thanks,
                Ron

                On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Ronald Sudweeks <rsudweeks@...>wrote:

                > Thelmer Smith wrote:
                > > Does anyone know if the feature in Family Tree that allows a person to
                > see who has reserved someone for ordinances will be migrated over to nFS?
                > >
                > > That feature has saved me (really actually saved others) a great deal of
                > trouble in the Mesa FHC where I serve. It was always a bit fun to see the
                > reaction of others when they see who has reserved a relative of theirs, even
                > if it themselves!
                > >
                > > Thelmer Smith
                > > Tempe, Arizona

                > Another similar question, In Labs, Family Tree you are able to add a
                > "unofficial" ordinance date if you have proof the work was done.
                > I don't see that ability in the new Family Tree view in the latest .99
                > release of newFamilySearch.
                >
                > Anyone know if this is there and I just missed it, or if it is not
                > there, will it be added in the future.
                >
                > This is a mute question as long as Labs Family Tree is running, but I'm
                > sure that at some time in the future it will be closed.
                >
                > --
                > Ronald Sudweeks
                > rsudweeks@... <rsudweeks%40comcast.net>

                > database 4697 (20091217) __________

                > http://www.eset.com

              • Sue Maxwell
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 21, 2009
                  Ron, what is the new limit on combining?

                  Ron Tanner wrote:
                  > Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on labs. We
                  > have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when this will
                  > happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that they could
                  > not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons should
                  > try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed ordinances unless
                  > necessary.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Ron

                • Ronfamilysearch
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
                    150. In our next release in a few months it will go to 250.

                    Thanks,
                    Ron

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Dec 21, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Sue Maxwell <smaxwl@...> wrote:

                    > Ron, what is the new limit on combining?
                    >
                    > Ron Tanner wrote:
                    > > Adding patron contributed ordinances only exists in Family Tree on
                    > labs. We
                    > > have plans to eventually get that into nFS, but have no date when
                    > this will
                    > > happen. Most people were using this to cover large ancestors that
                    > they could
                    > > not combine. The limit on combining has been increased and patrons
                    > should
                    > > try to combine them now and avoid using patron contributed
                    > ordinances unless
                    > > necessary.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > > Ron

                  • Mark E. Gower
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
                      The current limit on combined records is 250 as of December 2009 Release. I understand that the IOUS problem has now abated to a manageable level.

                      Mark E. Gower
                      Mesa, Arizona, USA
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 27, 2010
                        The biggest of these they have found has 8,000 assertions on it for just the one name, if you count all the children, etc., for that same person the total number of files associated with that one is 76,000.

                        And they have a category of these they call 'black holes'.  Those almost no one outside of the teams building nFS has ever seen, those are the entries that seem to collect everything that even comes close to matching, and that one is still to be fully dealt with more than likely.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 28, 2010
                          Couldn't nFS employees or volunteers be given the rights to delete out
                          the duplicates that came in from PRF's for example? Seems to me that
                          would make a huge difference.
                          SueM