RE: [FHCNET] RootsMagic 4 Receives nFS Helper Certification

  • Deborah and Alan Glenn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2009
      I am in the Provo Temple district and took some submission disks to the temple tonight as I was released from the FHC before access was given to directors so I don't have access to nFs. FYI the sister who helped me said the Provo Temple is scheduled to go w/ FORS and nFs on July 28th. She said that there would be some overlap and disks would be accepted for a while yet. Sounds like the timing corresponds w/ the BYU Family History Conference.
      Just thought some of you would like to know.
      Deborah Glenn

      To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
      From: smaxwl@...
      Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:35:17 -0600
      Subject: [FHCNET] RootsMagic 4 Receives nFS Helper Certification

      Thought I would pass this info on to this group because this will be

      very helpful to FH consultants in the Utah/Idaho area.

      RootsMagic 4 software is now certified for the FamilySearch Helper

      function. This means that FH consultants in temple districts that do not

      yet have nFS can log in to their nFS account using RootsMagic 4 and sign

      in a patron using the Helper function. This also means that consultants

      do not have to go through the process of converting a patron's

      TempleReady file to a FOR. The consultant imports the patron's genealogy

      file into RootsMagic 4, syncs the people to nFS that the patron wants

      temple cards for, and prints out the FOR...all within RM. The

      consultant doesn't even have to go directly to nFS at all.

      If you are interested in the entire press release that includes details

      on how this works, go to my blog at http://granitegenealogy.blogspot.com

      Sue