RootsMagic 4 Receives nFS Helper Certification

  • Sue Maxwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2009
      Thought I would pass this info on to this group because this will be
      very helpful to FH consultants in the Utah/Idaho area.

      RootsMagic 4 software is now certified for the FamilySearch Helper
      function. This means that FH consultants in temple districts that do not
      yet have nFS can log in to their nFS account using RootsMagic 4 and sign
      in a patron using the Helper function. This also means that consultants
      do not have to go through the process of converting a patron's
      TempleReady file to a FOR. The consultant imports the patron's genealogy
      file into RootsMagic 4, syncs the people to nFS that the patron wants
      temple cards for, and prints out the FOR...all within RM. The
      consultant doesn't even have to go directly to nFS at all.

      If you are interested in the entire press release that includes details
      on how this works, go to my blog at http://granitegenealogy.blogspot.com

      Sue
    • Robert Givens
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2009
        Sue - That is so, so slick. I am a recent convert to RM4 and it is an awesome program. I checked this function out and it is really good though slightly hidden. You have to go looking for the link. RM4 is supposed to be on the LANDesk so it can be downloaded in Centers. I think every center should download it on one computer at least and try it out. I find RM to be a most enjoyable way to experience the syncing and combining of data base with NFS.
        Robert Givens

        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Sue Maxwell <smaxwl@...> wrote:

        > Thought I would pass this info on to this group because this will be
        > very helpful to FH consultants in the Utah/Idaho area.
        >
        > RootsMagic 4 software is now certified for the FamilySearch Helper
        > function. This means that FH consultants in temple districts that do not
        > yet have nFS can log in to their nFS account using RootsMagic 4 and sign
        > in a patron using the Helper function. This also means that consultants
        > do not have to go through the process of converting a patron's
        > TempleReady file to a FOR. The consultant imports the patron's genealogy
        > file into RootsMagic 4, syncs the people to nFS that the patron wants
        > temple cards for, and prints out the FOR...all within RM. The
        > consultant doesn't even have to go directly to nFS at all.
        >
        > If you are interested in the entire press release that includes details
        > on how this works, go to my blog at http://granitegenealogy.blogspot.com
        >
        > Sue

      • Deborah and Alan Glenn
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2009
          I am in the Provo Temple district and took some submission disks to the temple tonight as I was released from the FHC before access was given to directors so I don't have access to nFs. FYI the sister who helped me said the Provo Temple is scheduled to go w/ FORS and nFs on July 28th. She said that there would be some overlap and disks would be accepted for a while yet. Sounds like the timing corresponds w/ the BYU Family History Conference.
          Just thought some of you would like to know.
          Deborah Glenn

          To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com