Re: Encouraging members to learn and use nFS

  • jimgreene22
    Message 1 of 37 , May 2 9:00 AM
      --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "T. Mason" <tmason1@...> wrote:
      I guess it is time for me to jump in once again and try to dispel helper myths.
      The only issue that may result from signing in to help someone who is not registered for new FS is that you may (and I underscore MAY) be contacted by someone because you are the only person registered and the only one with contact detail listed. When you help a non-registered person their full name shows up as the contributor and your contact name as the submitter. Knowledgeable people will realize what has happened and not try to contact the submitter/helper, others MAY not. That is the only issue. I would like to know who said that it may lock up their account. This is simply not true, and if it is happening then it is a bug that needs to be reported and fixed because that is not the way it was designed. For security reasons registering for someone else is much more risky and undesirable behavior than helping someone. We want you to use the helper feature for those who cannot or will not register, we do not want you to register for them. If you really want them to be registered so that their contact information shows up, then sit them down at your computer and help them to register, making sure that they write down their user name and password in a safe and secure place that only they can see.
      There is still much mis-information about the helper function out there. Please help me to kill it!! If you want to discuss this more offline, or need further clarification I am happy to help in anyway, my email is greenejr@...
      Jim

      > When I inquired of the engineers about the appropriateness of signing in as a helper to help a member that was NOT registered in nFS I was told that one of the undesireable consequences was "It can lock up their account; it can cause information that should be submitted under their account to show up as being submitted by you."
      >

      > Terry Mason
      > Clermont, FL

    • Venita Roylance
      Message 37 of 37 , May 3 9:18 AM
        Yes, I agree that the wording is misleading. I sent feedback on it
        some time ago. Maybe more people need to send the same feedback? It
        looks like one of the easier problems to fix in nFS - just change the
        wording on one button.

        Venita