RE: [FHCNET] nFS vs Family Tree

  • Ron Tanner
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2009
      There is a desire to provide new FamilySearch to members in Utah and Idaho
      as soon as possible, consequently some temples are beginning to receive new
      FamilySearch accounts. Since the Family Tree is still a labs project and is
      not released as the interface for new FamilySearch these members will be
      using the current new FamilySearch interface. When the Family Tree labs
      project has sufficient features to support what is necessary for members
      using new FamilySearch, it's features will be moved over to become the
      interface for new FamilySearch. When that happens, of course, everyone will
      be using new FamilySearch with the look and feel of what is experienced
      through the Family Tree labs project today.
      Family Tree (like Life Browser) is only the name of a labs project and not
      the name of an internet site or product. Anyone with an account to new
      FamilySearch can use this labs project as an experimental way to work with
      data in new FamilySearch.
      The site new FamilySearch is the only site that will provide tree creation,
      temple reservation and ordinance duplication checking. This site will never
      be called Family Tree even when it's interface is modified to look and
      behave like the Family Tree project.
      I hope this clears up any confusion between the labs project Family Tree and
      the website new FamilySearch.
      Ron

      timothygcross@... <timothygcross%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

      > Allow me to introduce Ron Tanner. Ron is the new Product Manager over the
      > Family Tree. He welcomes your feedback and input into the Family Tree
      > product.
      >
      > I have received a new assignment to facilitate publishing, sharing, and
      > referencing sources. Once I get a few things for the group to review, I
      > hope we can start another open forum for my new area of focus. I value
      this
      > group's opinion.
      >
      > Tim

      Emil O. Hanson

    • Dave Merrill
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2009
        Thanks for the explanation, Ron. Glad to have you on board.

        Dave

        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Ron Tanner <ronfamilysearch@...> wrote:

        > There is a desire to provide new FamilySearch to members in Utah and Idaho
        > as soon as possible, consequently some temples are beginning to receive new
        > FamilySearch accounts. Since the Family Tree is still a labs project and is
        > not released as the interface for new FamilySearch these members will be
        > using the current new FamilySearch interface. When the Family Tree labs
        > project has sufficient features to support what is necessary for members
        > using new FamilySearch, it's features will be moved over to become the
        > interface for new FamilySearch. When that happens, of course, everyone will
        > be using new FamilySearch with the look and feel of what is experienced
        > through the Family Tree labs project today.
        > Family Tree (like Life Browser) is only the name of a labs project and not
        > the name of an internet site or product. Anyone with an account to new
        > FamilySearch can use this labs project as an experimental way to work with
        > data in new FamilySearch.
        > The site new FamilySearch is the only site that will provide tree creation,
        > temple reservation and ordinance duplication checking. This site will never
        > be called Family Tree even when it's interface is modified to look and
        > behave like the Family Tree project.
        > I hope this clears up any confusion between the labs project Family Tree and
        > the website new FamilySearch.
        > Ron
        > > Tim,
        > > I have gotten mixed signals on nFS vs Family Tree. My understanding was
        > > that when the system comes up in Utah that Family Tree would be the
        > vehivle
        > > that comes forth and then everyone else would be using it too. Then I hear
        > > that a few stakes in Utah have gotten their email to prepare to come up
        > but
        > > apparently with nFS? Emil
        > >
        > > On 4/1/09, timothygcross@... <timothygcross%40yahoo.com> <
        > timothygcross@... <timothygcross%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
        > >

        > > Allow me to introduce Ron Tanner. Ron is the new Product Manager over the
        > > Family Tree. He welcomes your feedback and input into the Family Tree
        > > product.
        > >
        > > I have received a new assignment to facilitate publishing, sharing, and
        > > referencing sources. Once I get a few things for the group to review, I
        > > hope we can start another open forum for my new area of focus. I value
        > this
        > > group's opinion.
        > >
        > > Tim

        > --
        > Emil O. Hanson

      • Russell Hltn
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
          On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Ron Tanner <ronfamilysearch@...> wrote:
          > Family Tree (like Life Browser) is only the name of a labs project and not
          > the name of an internet site or product. Anyone with an account to new
          > FamilySearch can use this labs project as an experimental way to work with
          > data in new FamilySearch.
          > The site new FamilySearch is the only site that will provide tree creation,
          > temple reservation and ordinance duplication checking. This site will never
          > be called Family Tree even when it's interface is modified to look and
          > behave like the Family Tree project.
          > I hope this clears up any confusion between the labs project Family Tree and
          > the website new FamilySearch.

          Thanks for the info.