Elder Scott mentions nFS.

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2009
      This is the first time since President Hinckley first mentioned that they were working on what we now call new FamilySearch that someone has mentioned it in Conference, but Elder Scott of the Twelve has mentioned it.

      The entire talk was on temples. The mp3 audio file of the talk will be available about the time of the end of, or very shortly after, tonight's Priesthood session.

      Temple attendance and family history work was the main thrust of the entire talk.
    • Tom Kemp
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2009
        How did you know that?
        He just began speaking on our Internet connection.
        Your message arrived several minutes before he started speaking.

        Is the computer feed on a time delay?

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2009
          I was using KSL.com which is using a Liquidcompass.com custom version of the Windows Media Player and that was only 20 seconds or so behind the TV feed which I had on in the other room from KSL-5 TV.

          On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 5:28 PM, James W Anderson <genealogy248@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          > This is the first time since President Hinckley first mentioned that they

          > were working on what we now call new FamilySearch that someone has mentioned

          > it in Conference, but Elder Scott of the Twelve has mentioned it.

          > The entire talk was on temples. The mp3 audio file of the talk will be

          > available about the time of the end of, or very shortly after, tonight's

          > Priesthood session.

          > Temple attendance and family history work was the main thrust of the entire

          > talk.

        • Alan Whitcomb
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2009
            Tom,

            While I see that you wrote 32 minutes ago.. I am watching to a
            rebroadcast of the session. Different folks have different blessings
            (those that can see it on TV don't have nFS for example).

            Yet my wife and folks in Spain won't see this session for another 24
            hours (they never watch the Sunday afternoon session except by
            internet).

            Alan W.