New Family Search in Utah!

  • Debbie Fish
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3 1:30 PM
      I just received an email announcing the release of New Family Search to the Manti Temple District 'in about 2 months'! From what I understand we are the first Utah Temple District to be using it. Wish me luck in figuring this all out!
      Debbie

    • Alan Whitcomb
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3 1:37 PM
        That is exciting news! If you need any help figuring things out, several of
        us here would love to help you.

        Alan W.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3 2:13 PM
          Congratulations, now it is time to study up on it.

          Miles Meyer

          On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Debbie Fish <d_wfish@...> wrote:
          > I just received an email announcing the release of New Family Search to the
          > Manti Temple District 'in about 2 months'! From what I understand we are the
          > first Utah Temple District to be using it. Wish me luck in figuring this all
          > out!
          > Debbie
        • sharronl_oldham
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3 6:11 PM
            Monticello Temple is also going live. It was announced a little over a month ago.
            Sharron

            --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Fish" <d_wfish@...> wrote:

            > I just received an email announcing the release of New Family Search to the Manti Temple District 'in about 2 months'! From what I understand we are the first Utah Temple District to be using it. Wish me luck in figuring this all out!
            > Debbie

          • sharronl_oldham
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4 4:52 PM
              Hi,
              My name is Sharron Oldham and have been a member of this group for over a year. I learn so much from all of you.
              I live in the Monticello Utah Temple District. The Temple received notice a few months ago along with myself that we are going live. Now all the consultants are learning the new program. We were told that we would go live in April sometime.
              Sharron
              Director of the Pagosa Springs, Co FHC

              --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Fish" <d_wfish@...> wrote:

              > I just received an email announcing the release of New Family Search to the Manti Temple District 'in about 2 months'! From what I understand we are the first Utah Temple District to be using it. Wish me luck in figuring this all out!
              > Debbie

            • Sherwood Bridges
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5 9:16 AM
                At long last the Manti Temple District is now up and active on new.FamilySearch.org. Rollout training sessions are scheduled for the 14th of April In the Scipio Ward Meeting House and the 15th of April in the Salina Stake Center both at 7 PM.

                Sherwood Bridges
                Monroe Utah Stake Family History Trainer

              • Alan Whitcomb
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5 8:10 PM
                  That's fantastic news. It's the third of fourth Temple in Utah
                  announced.. It is interesting that nFS would be working and active
                  before the local training though. Let us know if the training
                  included family tree please.

                  Alan W.\

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5 8:26 PM
                    Third or fourthe temple in Utah?  I only count Manti and Monticello, along with Twin Falls in Idaho.

                    I heard a sidebar at the BYU Computerized Genealogy Conference before a session where it turns out the Idaho Falls got sent the rollout packets by mistake.

                    Provo has a FOR reader and card printer.  This because of all the BYU students that have access and got it before they came here or were members in their home wards when it rolled out.