RootsMagic 4-New Certification

  • Sue Maxwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2009
      RootsMagic 4 just became the first and only desktop genealogy software
      certified to reserve and print LDS Temple ordinances using new
      FamilySearch.

      This is really fantastic! I can link the people in my database to the
      people in nFS and then share data back and forth between the programs. I
      can now reserve any incomplete ordinances and then when I'm ready to go
      to the temple I can select those that I want to print on a FOR.
      RootsMagic prints the FOR and keeps track of my temple work. For the
      most part, I never have to use nFS directly unless I want to add notes
      or something.

      The other great thing about RootsMagic 4 is that it has what is called
      FamilySearch Central. It keeps track of all my people and it tells me
      when something has changed on nFS and I need to check it out. It also
      keeps track of any people that I add to my database that I haven't
      linked to nFS yet.

      I understand that it will be downloadable to the FHC's through LanDesk
      shortly. This makes it really easy to install in your centers.

      SueM