Upload missing ordinance info to NFS/AQ Update

  • Gaylon Findlay
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2009
      Ancestral Quest can now let a user of PAF 5 or AQ upload ordinance
      information to the family tree of New FamilySearch.

      For example, many records on nFS show the recent proxy ordinances, but
      are missing the original baptism, confirmation, initiatory and endowment
      information from when the individual did those ordinances as a living
      person. You can now upload the original ordinance dates and temple codes
      from your PAF (or AQ) file to nFS.

      Since AQ does not have the ability to alert you to update to new
      versions, we wanted to alert the FHCs that they can download the new
      build from LANDesk. You might check, and if your version is earlier than
      12.1.16, you should get this latest build from LANDesk to provide this
      capability to your patrons.

      We have also added a couple of shorter tutorials on using the features
      to sync PAF data with nFS on our tutorials page, at
      www.ancquest.com/Ver12-1Tutorials.htm, including a technique that users
      should know about to upload their data to nFS without the duplication of
      GEDCOM.

      Remember, AQ is always free on Family History Center computers, and can
      be downloaded from LANDesk. Anybody else can download the free 60 day
      trial from www.ancquest.com.

      Gaylon Findlay
      Incline Software