Re: Closing of Family History Center

  • kgrant100@aol.com
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 26, 2009
      I have one more suggestion to make, and I apologize if it's a duplicate
      because I haven't had time to read the whole thread (heading to work in a few
      minutes)... But recently I was also facing an issue where a good thing was being
      obstructed due to some misunderstandings and misperceptions, and it wasn't
      yielding to normal attempts to resolve it. So I did this:

      * Prayed regularly that hearts might be changed
      * Fasted for this purpose as well, and for further guidance in resolving the
      issue
      * Also went to the temple several times for this purpose.

      I had the impression I should NOT approach the individuals in question, so I
      didn't. Then suddenly one day, to my complete surprise, they approached me
      and indicated the problem was solved. Wow, did that ever increase my testimony
      of approaching seemingly intractable problems this way.

      Hope that helps--

      Kathy
      FHC formerly in Gilroy, now in Memphis, TN, USA!

      In a message dated 2/26/2009 4:07:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      FHCNET@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Thank you everyone for your suggestions to keep the stake from closing our
      family history center. I will keep you posted on our progress and the outcome.
      In our case, nothing has changed, the stake has never been interested in the
      center and has always been obstructionist. Their latest line is "the work of
      Elijah will be accomplished by our children's generation, which is so
      familiar with computers."

      Suzanne

      **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
      neighborhood today. (http://yellowpages
      .aol.com/search?query=Tax+Return+Preparation+%26+Filing&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000004)

    • kgrant100@aol.com