Re: [FHCNET] New Update

  • Tim Cross
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 22, 2009
      Look for an update to the Family Tree on labs.familysearch.org the week of March 17th.  The update should include:
      1. Submitting names to your temple list.  In early testing, some patrons have confused this with submitting names directly to the temple.  The operation simply puts the names on the list found under the temple tab.
      2. Print Temple Ordinance Cards from the temple tab.  This button generates an FOR in PDF format.  In our testing, patrons recognized the term "cards" more than "Family Ordinance Request."  Once you click the button, you discover that we are really printing an FOR (in PDF format) not cards.  Since it's a pdf, you can print it directly or save it electronically.  The FOR still needs to be taken to the temple to get cards.
      3. Assigning to the temple from your temple list.
      4. A link to resolve possible duplicates before submitting.
      5. The ability to enter patron ordinances on-line directly.  The ability to reflect patron entered ordinances is currently only available via GEDCOM upload on new.familysearch.org.  Note, if official ordinances are combined into an ancestor reflecting patron entered ordinances, the official ordinances rise to the top.
      6. A new relationships column in the records tab for a folder.  The column identifies which records have parents, spouses, and children relationships.  Patrons have requested the ability to know which records have these relationships so they can move those records out.  Hopefully, this feature helps.
      I will update the blog when we post the update to the Family Tree.

      Tim Cross

      ________________________________
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 26, 2009
        I have one more suggestion to make, and I apologize if it's a duplicate
        because I haven't had time to read the whole thread (heading to work in a few
        minutes)... But recently I was also facing an issue where a good thing was being
        obstructed due to some misunderstandings and misperceptions, and it wasn't
        yielding to normal attempts to resolve it. So I did this:

        * Prayed regularly that hearts might be changed
        * Fasted for this purpose as well, and for further guidance in resolving the
        issue
        * Also went to the temple several times for this purpose.

        I had the impression I should NOT approach the individuals in question, so I
        didn't. Then suddenly one day, to my complete surprise, they approached me
        and indicated the problem was solved. Wow, did that ever increase my testimony
        of approaching seemingly intractable problems this way.

        Hope that helps--

        Kathy
        FHC formerly in Gilroy, now in Memphis, TN, USA!

        In a message dated 2/26/2009 4:07:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,
        FHCNET@yahoogroups.com writes:

        Thank you everyone for your suggestions to keep the stake from closing our
        family history center. I will keep you posted on our progress and the outcome.
        In our case, nothing has changed, the stake has never been interested in the
        center and has always been obstructionist. Their latest line is "the work of
        Elijah will be accomplished by our children's generation, which is so
        familiar with computers."

        Suzanne

        **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
        neighborhood today. (http://yellowpages
        .aol.com/search?query=Tax+Return+Preparation+%26+Filing&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000004)