Re: [FHCNET] FH Sunday School Lesson Manual

  • Edward Hess
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 9, 2009
      Try this link:

      http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp?page=home/welcome/site_resources.asp%3FwhichResourcePage=fhlessonseries

      --- On Fri, 1/9/09, Emil O. Hanson <emilhanson@...> wrote:

      From: Emil O. Hanson <emilhanson@...>
      Subject: Re: [FHCNET] FH Sunday School Lesson Manual
      To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 9, 2009, 8:18 AM

      There has to be more instruction than accessingFS. org because those lessons
      do not come upwhen you that. EH

      On 1/7/09, Edward Hess <ehess_1@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > There are the series of lessons which might be helpful found as follows:
      > Family history consultants are often asked to teach family history classes.
      > The Family History Department is developing resources that consultants can
      > use to teach these classes.
      > A new series of family history lessons is now available through
      > FamilySearch. org. These short lessons are available for download in .pdf
      > format. They may be used as self-study or as supplemental lessons for family
      > history consultants who teach family history classes. The following lessons
      > are available:
      > · Lesson 1: Perform Descendancy Research
      > · Lesson 2: Conduct Family History Interviews
      > · Lesson 3: Involve Children and Youth in Family History
      > · Lesson 4: Write a Personal History
      > · Lesson 5: Create a Family History
      > · Lesson 6: Involve Your Extended Family in Family History
      > · Lesson 7: Use the Internet for Family History Research
      > To access these lessons, follow these steps:
      > · Go to www.familysearch. org
      >
      > --- On Tue, 1/6/09, Alan Jones <alanjones10@ cox.net<alanjones10% 40cox.net> >
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: Alan Jones <alanjones10@ cox.net <alanjones10% 40cox.net> >
      > Subject: [FHCNET] FH Sunday School Lesson Manual
      > To: FHCNET@yahoogroups. com <FHCNET%40yahoogrou ps.com>
      > Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 6:16 PM
      >
      > What is the word today about a Family History Sunday School class manual
      > from the church?

      Emil O. Hanson

    • swensengen@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 29, 2009
        Does anyone out there have any power point or hand outs on the NFS dealing with combining and uncombining people? Also about dispute etc.

        I have been asked to give a presentation and any help would be appreciated.

        Thanks,

        Carol - Colorado

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 29, 2009
          You can check the lesson manual that I put together at
          http://milesmeyer.googlepages.com/lessonmanuals. It might have what
          you are looking for.

          Miles Meyer

          On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM, <swensengen@...> wrote:
          > Does anyone out there have any power point or hand outs on the NFS dealing
          > with combining and uncombining people? Also about dispute etc.
          >
          > I have been asked to give a presentation and any help would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Carol - Colorado

        • Martha Waters
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 29, 2009
            Miles: I went to the link and I got a 404 message Please check it out. Thot you'd
            like to know.
            Marti Waters
            waters234@...

            To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.comFrom: milesmeyer@...: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:35:22 -0500Subject: Re: [FHCNET] NFS Presentation Help

            You can check the lesson manual that I put together athttp://milesmeyer.googlepages.com/lessonmanuals. It might have whatyou are looking for.Miles MeyerOn Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM, <swensengen@...> wrote:> Does anyone out there have any power point or hand outs on the NFS dealing> with combining and uncombining people? Also about dispute etc.>> I have been asked to give a presentation and any help would be appreciated.>> Thanks,>> Carol - Colorado> I>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>

            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 29, 2009
              http://milesmeyer.googlepages.com/lessonmanuals

              it had the "at" attached to the link. Sorry.

              Miles

              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 30, 2009
                Miles:Thanks again for your help!
                I want to point out something that I have found out: It really helps to take a breather
                and go back to the "Basics." By this I mean - Go to the www.familysearch.org site and check out
                What's New. Click "Family History Lesson Series provides useful guides." Go to Lesson 7. Click on
                "Use the Internet for Family History Research." This entire lesson reviews the internet links that
                are quite helpful for research. The other lessons are just as valuable too. Check them out!
                Marti

              • Alan Whitcomb
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 30, 2009
                  Might I ask that any class handouts be posted to the wiki? Per a discussion
                  I had with the wiki Familysearch community director:

                  "As for posting class handouts on the wiki, I agree entirely. In fact, since
                  50,000 family history consultants worldwide are having to create their own
                  genealogy lessons, clearly they are duplicating each others' efforts. One
                  can only imagine how many lessons on "Using the United States Federal
                  Census" they've had to create as they work in isolation. But if they posted
                  their classes on the wiki, imagine how many thousands of hours a year they'd
                  save as they cherry-picked each others' lessons to share locally."

                  It's something to think about. What do you all think?

                  Alan W

                • swensengen@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 30, 2009
                    Which wiki would I go to???

                    Carol

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 30, 2009
                      This might be a good one to discuss at our user group meeting Tuesday, no agenda items have been brought up yet, so I'm going to place this one on it.

                      If you are in Salt Lake, it's on the 5th Floor east side, of the Joseph Smith Building.  If you are not in Salt Lake just join in via Adobe Connect, you can submit questions and interact with us via a chat function on the software.

                      The meeting begins at 2pm Mountain.  To find the meeting page, go to wiki.familysearch.org and look down the right side navbar and for 'User Group'.  I'll be there in person as always.  Those on Adobe Connect should be starting to get ready within 5 minutes before that time.

                      Those coming downtown should use TRAX, as there is substantial construction and hence there is limited parking, although there is some nearby.  TRAX has a station between the two defunct mall construction holes, and the JSB is just to the east of the Temple, facing South Temple.

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 30, 2009
                        I regret not being clearer in my earlier message. the FamilySearch wiki is
                        up to us to develop, and if we (them members) see a need - and provide the
                        elbow grease as far as content..

                        https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Main_Page or just plain
                        wiki.familysearch.org (it can have pages in many languages)