Re: [FHCNET] Re: FHC Attendance

    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 11, 2008
      We never have many people in the FHC anyway so I haven't noticed a
      drop. We currently only have 1 working computer so I can only work
      with 1 person at a time anyway. On a busy night we might have up to 3
      people in the library and I may have up to 3 consultants there also so
      each one of us can take one person and do some research.

      We had planned a Boy Scout day but had to cancel it since the
      computers crashed. This is one way that I try to get people from the
      area interested in using the library.

      Miles Meyer

      On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Aurale Huff <leehuff@...> wrote:
      > Considering one must have a membership number to get into nFS, it
      > would seem the FHC will be needed for those non-members in the area
      > who are researching. Perhaps we need to "advertise" the FHC in our
      > neighborhoods. Would that be appropriate?
      > We have an annual genealogy fair, "Roots, Boots & Brisket" which
      > attracts many non-members in the Austin area.
      > Lee - Aurale Huff in So-Central Texas
      >
      > At 08:01 AM 11/11/2008, you wrote:
      >
      >>I agree that some of the lack of attendance is due to the time of
      >>year, but we went on nFS on Oct 7, and from that day on, our member
      >>attendance disappeared. I'm hoping everyone is using nFS at home
      >>and is figuring it out on their own. Thank goodness for our
      >>community patrons. After the holidays we're going to start up some
      >>basic genealogy and research classes and see if we can encourage
      >>more FHC usage. We've gone from a very busy center to a very slow center.
      >>
      >>Barbara in Rogers, AR
    • Vereen Lynn
      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 15, 2008
        Dear Marilyn,

        In many places I've been  including where I am now, Arkansas,  our motto is "If you can't duct it chuck it".  Good use of the tape.

        Vereen Lynn Kennelly