Missing ordinances on extraction generated submission.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2008
      I've got a problem trying to resolve an issue regarding a name me and another consultant found and connected to a tree that has the baptism and confirmation dates, but show the rest of the ordinances as 'in progress' four years later.

      No record is found even in the old IGI of this name. No other records exist save for the one record for this person even in nFS for the individual, and there are no combined records.

      There is however an extraction batch number, C-005296, found in the notes, which is how it got to the Boston Temple and had the first ordinances performed, and I would assume the rest also, but no way exists right now of telling for sure whether it was there or elsewhere, or whether the rest of the ordinances even got done.

      Here's my other consultant's individual.

      Harry H. Bozearth
      b. 1882
      PID M5MX-7XK

      The problem is Support thinks (twice now) that this was submitted by a member, and did not see the extraction record. It's from a birth/christening record of some sort.
    • Sue Barnsley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2008
        James,

        There are many records like that in the system. Some dating back as far as 1995 where only the baptism/confirmation has been completed. The majority of it is extracted work. Not sure how the current system is going to handle those.

        > I've got a problem trying to resolve an issue regarding a name
        > me and another consultant found and connected to a tree that has
        > the baptism and confirmation dates, but show the rest of the
        > ordinances as 'in progress' four years later.
        >
        > No record is found even in the old IGI of this name. No
        > other records exist save for the one record for this person even
        > in nFS for the individual, and there are no combined
        > records.
        >
        > There is however an extraction batch number, C-005296, found in
        > the notes, which is how it got to the Boston Temple and had the
        > first ordinances performed, and I would assume the rest also,
        > but no way exists right now of telling for sure whether it was
        > there or elsewhere, or whether the rest of the ordinances even
        > got done.
        >
        > Here's my other consultant's individual.
        >
        > Harry H. Bozearth
        > b. 1882
        > PID M5MX-7XK
        >
        > The problem is Support thinks (twice now) that this was
        > submitted by a member, and did not see the extraction
        > record. It's from a birth/christening record of some sort.

        Sue

      • Ileen Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2008
          James,

          I searched for Harry H. Bozearth b. 1882, date range 5 years, United
          States, New Jersey and found him. Then I noticed I had not logged in
          to see the ordinance dates, so I signed in and searched again. Could
          not find him using the same parameters as above. When I searched
          without loggin in, the source showed C005296 Type: film, no Source
          Number. Interesting. . . .

          --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:

          > I've got a problem trying to resolve an issue regarding a name me
          and another consultant found and connected to a tree that has the
          baptism and confirmation dates, but show the rest of the ordinances as
          'in progress' four years later.

          > No record is found even in the old IGI of this name. No other
          records exist save for the one record for this person even in nFS for
          the individual, and there are no combined records.

          > There is however an extraction batch number, C-005296, found in the
          notes, which is how it got to the Boston Temple and had the first
          ordinances performed, and I would assume the rest also, but no way
          exists right now of telling for sure whether it was there or
          elsewhere, or whether the rest of the ordinances even got done.

          > Here's my other consultant's individual.
          >
          > Harry H. Bozearth
          > b. 1882
          > PID M5MX-7XK
          >
          > The problem is Support thinks (twice now) that this was submitted by
          a member, and did not see the extraction record. It's from a
          birth/christening record of some sort.

        • T. Mason
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 18, 2008
            --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:
            > I've got a problem trying to resolve an issue regarding a name me
            and another consultant found and connected to a tree that has the
            baptism and confirmation dates, but show the rest of the ordinances as
            'in progress' four years later.
            > <<<<<<snip>>>>>>>

            Three time in the past two weeks I've been helping members who are
            having serious problems because of this topic.

            Each have had direct line relatives whose data was partially processed
            in the Church record extraction process. In each case the records are
            listed in nFS as "In Progress". They have been in some stage of a
            "cleared" status for over ten years each in the IGI.

            There was another member who I helped on Tuesday who had 35 cards with
            blanks in the sealing to parent's field and the cards were processed
            through TempleReady in May 2000. (Eight years ago.) They were listed
            as "In Progress" in the nFS and we found this when I helped him
            register. Those sealings were processed the next evening.

            Although it appears records submitted to Temple File are being
            processed much faster it seems that some of the new temples pull
            batches of records and them set them on shelves - in case the Internet
            system goes down. They don't rotate the batches, they just sit on the
            shelves like the cards from the extraction records have sat on the
            shelves. (Shame on them for creating this artificial roadblock.)

            Also some people still regard all names they prepare as theirs only
            and they selfishly hoard them - ignoring the advice that they should
            only reserve enough names that they can process in the next few
            months; they should enter the rest of the names into nFS and release
            them for others to help with work.

            The nFS program was primarily designed as a means to stop the
            duplication of ordinances.

            The new Family Search program finally requires ordinances to be
            processed in sequence which I accept as a correct principle. But the
            problem to me seems there is a block when ordinances been on hold in a
            "Cleared" or "In Progress" status for ten years.

            The patron I was helping was quite concerned about her great
            grandfather's family because she has cancer. If we expect members to
            accept the responsibility to bind their family together, then I think
            the process of blocking these ordinances must somehow be stopped.
            We've got to accept the human side of this data processing method. She
            quite deserves the privilege of doing this work before she dies after
            waiting all these years. Instead of having us submit to the process,
            the nFS program should be a tool to help the member bind their family
            into an eternal unit.

            The extraction records need to be rechecked for they are duplicating
            submissions.

            I think there needs to be some method to release all records for
            ordinance work if they are held for more than a year.

            Terry Mason
            Clermont, FL
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 18, 2008
              Try it again both with and without login to be sure it's the same one (it is, but seeing if there is something else odd doesn't hurt), here are the complete details on the birthplace and date.

              Chester, Burlington, New Jersey

              (no United States).

              I searched for Harry H. Bozearth b. 1882, date range 5 years, United

              States, New Jersey and found him. Then I noticed I had not logged in

              to see the ordinance dates, so I signed in and searched again. Could

              not find him using the same parameters as above. When I searched

              without loggin in, the source showed C005296 Type: film, no Source

              Number. Interesting. . . .

              --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups. com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@ ...> wrote:

              > I've got a problem trying to resolve an issue regarding a name me

              and another consultant found and connected to a tree that has the

              baptism and confirmation dates, but show the rest of the ordinances as

              'in progress' four years later.

              > No record is found even in the old IGI of this name. No other

              records exist save for the one record for this person even in nFS for

              the individual, and there are no combined records.

              > There is however an extraction batch number, C-005296, found in the

              notes, which is how it got to the Boston Temple and had the first

              ordinances performed, and I would assume the rest also, but no way

              exists right now of telling for sure whether it was there or

              elsewhere, or whether the rest of the ordinances even got done.

              > Here's my other consultant's individual.

              > Harry H. Bozearth

              > b. 1882

              > PID M5MX-7XK

              > The problem is Support thinks (twice now) that this was submitted by

              a member, and did not see the extraction record. It's from a

              birth/christening record of some sort.

            • Snow, Donald R.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 19, 2008
                Jim and Eileen, IGI batch C005296 was extracted from FHL film
                #0494195 which consists of New Jersey records, Births Atlantic-Hudson
                v. 12 1882-1883 . So it's from the temple file and maybe waiting for
                other ordinances, too. Regarding IGI batches without the film
                number, we've got a database here at the London FHC that we can look
                up most of them in since our patrons find so many of them and want to
                know the film so they can see the original record.

                Elder Snow

                At 02:16 AM 7/19/2008, James W Anderson wrote:

                >Try it again both with and without login to be sure it's the same
                >one (it is, but seeing if there is something else odd doesn't hurt),
                >here are the complete details on the birthplace and date.

                >Chester, Burlington, New Jersey
                >
                >(no United States).
                >
                >--- On Fri, 7/18/08, Ileen Johnson
                ><<mailto:ileenjohnson%40gmail.com>ileenjohnson@...> wrote:
                >From: Ileen Johnson <<mailto:ileenjohnson%40gmail.com>ileenjohnson@...>
                >Subject: [FHCNET] Re: Missing ordinances on extraction generated submission.
                >To: <mailto:FHCNET%40yahoogroups.com>FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
                >Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 6:01 PM
                >
                >James,
                >
                >I searched for Harry H. Bozearth b. 1882, date range 5 years, United
                >
                >States, New Jersey and found him. Then I noticed I had not logged in
                >
                >to see the ordinance dates, so I signed in and searched again. Could
                >
                >not find him using the same parameters as above. When I searched
                >
                >without loggin in, the source showed C005296 Type: film, no Source
                >
                >Number. Interesting. . . .
                >
                >--- In FHCNET@yahoogroups. com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@ ...> wrote:
                >

                > > I've got a problem trying to resolve an issue regarding a name me
                >
                >and another consultant found and connected to a tree that has the
                >
                >baptism and confirmation dates, but show the rest of the ordinances as
                >
                >'in progress' four years later.
                >

                > > No record is found even in the old IGI of this name. No other
                >
                >records exist save for the one record for this person even in nFS for
                >
                >the individual, and there are no combined records.
                >

                > > There is however an extraction batch number, C-005296, found in the
                >
                >notes, which is how it got to the Boston Temple and had the first
                >
                >ordinances performed, and I would assume the rest also, but no way
                >
                >exists right now of telling for sure whether it was there or
                >
                >elsewhere, or whether the rest of the ordinances even got done.
                >

                > > Here's my other consultant's individual.
                >

                > > Harry H. Bozearth
                >
                > > b. 1882
                >
                > > PID M5MX-7XK
                >

                > > The problem is Support thinks (twice now) that this was submitted by
                >
                >a member, and did not see the extraction record. It's from a
                >
                >birth/christening record of some sort.

                Elder Donald R. Snow, England London Mission
                London Family History Centre (formerly Hyde Park Family History
                Centre), http://www.hydeparkfhc.org
                Retired Professor of Mathematics, Brigham Young University, Provo,
                Utah; snowd@...