Pilot FamilySearch

  • Stockton FHC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2008
      I recommend you try the new pilot FamilySearch website. I can't get
      over all the great changes that have been taking place in the
      background.
      I've previously had some trouble in finding the results of the
      FamilySearch Indexing and scanning projects. Now that has been
      simplified. On the FamilySearch.org home page is a brown box you can
      click to see and try out what has already been accomplished. If you
      click on the 1850 census, you'll see a progress bar and details about
      what has already been completed. Do a name search and download a census
      image. Check out how good it looks and try the slider bar to ramp up
      the magnification. You can navigate from the overview box or drag the
      page around to suit you. This is exciting and fun. Especially, I
      consider this to be a great image viewer.
      I'd like to coin a new phrase relating to this. Open a new DOOR
      (Digital Omnibus Of Records).
      http://pilot.familysearch.org</a>

      Stockton Family History Center
      800 W. Brookside Road
      Stockton, CA 95207
      209-951-7060
      One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness, it is usually returned!