[FHCNET] Denver Temple announcement

  • Larry Jamison
    Message 1 of 17 , May 29, 2008
      We received notice this morning that the Denver Temple District will go live
      with New Family Search in about 4 months.
      Becky Jamison
      Canon City, CO
    • elliephantmommy
      Message 2 of 17 , May 29, 2008
        I've wondered that myself as I have been led to do a lot of descendancy
        research. I loved reading about it in the April 2007 Ensign. One of the
        things that I love about nFS is that when the generations get recent I
        can "submit" the information on there and just leave it for closer
        relatives to find to do the temple work. Some families I've felt
        prompted to do the work for myself (following the 95 year rule, of
        course) or release it to the general temple pool, but most I don't. I
        have often felt to see to it that the work is done for couples that I
        know didn't have any living descendents.
      • Jacob Edwards
        Message 3 of 17 , May 29, 2008
          The answer is found in the NFS user's guide.

          Ordinances That You Can Do
          Church members are responsible to provide temple ordinances for the following
          individuals who have been deceased at least one year:
          • Immediate family.
          • Direct-line ancestors (parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. and their families).
          Church members may also provide temple ordinances for the following individuals who
          have been deceased at least one year:
          • Biological, adoptive, and foster family lines connected to your family.
          • Collateral family lines (uncles, aunts, cousins, and their families).
          • Their own descendants.
          • Descendants of direct-line ancestors and their families.
          • “Possible ancestors,” meaning individuals who have a probable family relationship
          that cannot be verified because the records are inadequate, such as those who have
          the same last names and resided in the same areas as known ancestors.
          • Individuals with whom they have shared a friendship. (Please obtain permission from
          the closest living relative, as explained in “Other Policies” on page 183. Remember
          that your primary responsibility is your own ancestors and family.)
          Please do not submit individuals who are not related to you, including names of celebrities
          or famous people, or those gathered from unapproved extraction projects, such as Jewish
          Holocaust victims.
          Other Policies
          Generally, you may perform temple ordinances for deceased persons one year or more
          after the date of death without regard to the person’s worthiness or cause of death. If
          you have questions, please contact your bishop or branch president.
          © 2007, 2008 IRI 183
          Before you provide ordinances for someone who was born within the last 95 years, please
          get permission from the closest living relative. The closest living relatives are, in this
          order: spouse, then children, then parents, then siblings.
          Sequence of Ordinances
          Please perform temple ordinances in the correct sequence. This is as follows:
          • Baptism
          • Confirmation
          • Ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood for males
          • Initiatory ordinances
          • Endowment
          • Sealing of a husband and wife and sealing of children to parents (if possible.) Whenever
          possible, parents should be sealed to each other before their children are sealed to
          them.
          Although vicarious ordinances performed out of sequence are valid, they become effective
          only after the prerequisite ordinances are completed.
          Ordinances That May Not Be Needed
          FamilySearch tells you when ordinances are not needed, such as in these situations:
          • Children who are born after their mother has been sealed to a husband in a temple
          are born in the covenant of that sealing. They do not need to receive the ordinance
          of sealing to parents.
          • Temple ordinances are not performed for stillborn children.
          • No baptism or endowment is performed for a child who died before age eight. Only
          sealings to parents are performed for such children. If the child was sealed to parents
          while he or she was living, or if the child was born in the covenant, no vicarious
          ordinances are performed.
          Sealing Couples with Undocumented Marriages
          You may have a deceased couple sealed to each other if they lived together as husband
          and wife, even if the marriage cannot be documented. You can use FamilySearch to
          prepare these names for temple ordinances without any other approval process.
          Deceased Women Married More Than Once
          You may have a deceased woman sealed to all men to whom she was legally married
          during her life. However, if she was sealed to a husband during her life, all her husbands
          must be deceased before she may be sealed to a husband to whom she was not sealed
          during life.
          Deceased Persons Who Had Mental Disabilities
          Temple ordinances for deceased persons who had mental disabilities are performed the
          same as for other deceased persons.
          184 © 2007, 2008 IRI
          Persons Who Are Presumed Dead
          You may have temple ordinances performed for a person who is presumed dead after
          10 years have passed since the time of the presumed death. This policy applies to (1)
          persons who are missing in action, are lost at sea, or have been declared legally dead;
          and (2) persons who disappeared under circumstances where death is apparent but no
          body has been recovered.
          In all other cases of missing persons, temple ordinances may not be performed until 110
          years have passed from the time of the person’s birth.
          Other Policies
          Please see your bishop for information about the following:
          • Temple ordinances involving living people.
          • Temple ordinances to seal the living to the dead.
          • Any policies not covered above.

          maxine nelson <mmnelson@...> wrote:
          I have a question. Someone sent me a manuscript/document listing seven
          generations of my husband's ancestor. It is well written and documented
          (and some of it I suspect was obtained from me in the first place.) I
          know I can't submit the generations now living, and I can submit the
          earlier generations which includes my husband' mother, grnother,
          gg-gmother, etc. But where is the dividing line? Which of their
          descendants can I properly submit? I don't want to offend anyone by
          submitting 'their' close relatives or violate the law of privacy.
          Maybe cutoff date of born 110 years ago and/or has a death date? I
          am comfortable with that. Children born starting in 1910 are probably
          too modern for me to submit unless they are close relatives?
          I don't want to offend anybody, but I don't want to leave anyone
          out. I have found quite a few people that are 'cousins' from a common
          ancestor.
          I have found a few e-mail addresses I sent to for questions I had.
          No replies yet.
          Thanks.
          Maxine in NW Kansas

        • taffysmom2
          Message 4 of 17 , May 29, 2008
            I was recently contacted by a gentleman who shares a common ancestor
            with me 6 generations back. He saw a posting of mine on a public
            website where I shared information about my side of the family that
            came to the US in the mid-1800s. His relative emigrated to
            Australia, where his family now lives. He has freely shared
            information with me and I with him as we try to trace the family back
            another generation.

            Today he sent me a gedcom with all his research on the family well
            documented in Notes. Some of the documentation is my material sent
            to him, but most is his or his family's own research. He has been
            able to provide me answers to many of my own questions. It is
            wonderful. Here is my dilemma: In the last email with the gedcom
            attachment he said this, "Please don't upload to the net. It is
            criminal how those guys take it then sell it!"

            I have never uploaded any gedcoms to public websites EXCEPT for NFS.
            I have no intention of uploading his gedcom anywhere (so please don't
            start posting all the reasons not to upload a gedcom because of
            duplication, etc.). I was planning to add to my PAF file the family
            information that I don't already have after checking his sources. I
            was then intended to submit the family names for temple
            ordinances like I have for the rest of the family I have researched.
            They all fall properly into the guidelines posted in the NFS user's
            guide. Entering them into NFS, however, seems to be doing
            just what he asked me not to do.

            I've never before thought of it that way. I am the only member of
            the church working on this line (as far as I know). I've never
            thought before of my temple submissions going into the public
            domain. When NFS goes public in a few years all the work will be
            linked and sources and notes will be available as well. While that
            is great as far as I'm concerned, I'm afraid this gentleman and his
            family might not feel the same way.

            I've never told any of my internet contacts I was LDS and doing
            family history research with the goal of submitting family names for
            temple ordinances. I admit I am afraid the well will dry up, and I
            will be cut off from future correspondence and vital information.
            How do the rest of you handle these kinds of situations? I don't
            want to offend nor betray his trust.

            --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Jacob Edwards <jdaddy3@...> wrote:

            > The answer is found in the NFS user's guide.
            >
            > Ordinances That You Can Do etc...
            >

            > maxine nelson <mmnelson@...> wrote:
            > I have a question. Someone sent me a manuscript/document
            listing seven
            > generations of my husband's ancestor. It is well written and
            documented
            > (and some of it I suspect was obtained from me in the first place.)
            > know I can't submit the generations now living, and I can submit
            the
            > earlier generations which includes my husband' mother, grnother,
            > gg-gmother, etc. But where is the dividing line? Which of their
            > descendants can I properly submit? I don't want to offend anyone by
            > submitting 'their' close relatives or violate the law of privacy.
            > Maybe cutoff date of born 110 years ago and/or has a death date? I
            > am comfortable with that. Children born starting in 1910 are
            probably
            > too modern for me to submit unless they are close relatives?
            > I don't want to offend anybody, but I don't want to leave anyone
            > out. I have found quite a few people that are 'cousins' from a
            common
            > ancestor.
            > I have found a few e-mail addresses I sent to for questions I had.
            > No replies yet.
            > Thanks.
            > Maxine in NW Kansas

          • Tom Kemp
            Message 5 of 17 , May 29, 2008
              You could ask him - pointing out that the nFS is a free site - and the
              content entered there is not sold.
              Suggest that it is convenient, easily found way to preserve the
              information for the current and future generations.

              You also will find a way to bring up religion, break the ice and let
              him know that you are LDS.
              I have found that mentioning that the kids are attending BYU - going
              on a mission - or reference to going to the Church picnic etc. are
              ways to bring it up in a comfortable, conversational way.

              All the best,
              Tom

              On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:39 PM, taffysmom2 <yucaipa@...> wrote:

              > I was recently contacted by a gentleman who shares a common ancestor
              > with me 6 generations back. He saw a posting of mine on a public
              > website where I shared information about my side of the family that
              > came to the US in the mid-1800s. His relative emigrated to
              > Australia, where his family now lives. He has freely shared
              > information with me and I with him as we try to trace the family back
              > another generation.
              >
              > Today he sent me a gedcom with all his research on the family well
              > documented in Notes. Some of the documentation is my material sent
              > to him, but most is his or his family's own research. He has been
              > able to provide me answers to many of my own questions. It is
              > wonderful. Here is my dilemma: In the last email with the gedcom
              > attachment he said this, "Please don't upload to the net. It is
              > criminal how those guys take it then sell it!"
              >
              > I have never uploaded any gedcoms to public websites EXCEPT for NFS.
              > I have no intention of uploading his gedcom anywhere (so please don't
              > start posting all the reasons not to upload a gedcom because of
              > duplication, etc.). I was planning to add to my PAF file the family
              > information that I don't already have after checking his sources. I
              > was then intended to submit the family names for temple
              > ordinances like I have for the rest of the family I have researched.
              > They all fall properly into the guidelines posted in the NFS user's
              > guide. Entering them into NFS, however, seems to be doing
              > just what he asked me not to do.
              >
              > I've never before thought of it that way. I am the only member of
              > the church working on this line (as far as I know). I've never
              > thought before of my temple submissions going into the public
              > domain. When NFS goes public in a few years all the work will be
              > linked and sources and notes will be available as well. While that
              > is great as far as I'm concerned, I'm afraid this gentleman and his
              > family might not feel the same way.
              >
              > I've never told any of my internet contacts I was LDS and doing
              > family history research with the goal of submitting family names for
              > temple ordinances. I admit I am afraid the well will dry up, and I
              > will be cut off from future correspondence and vital information.
              > How do the rest of you handle these kinds of situations? I don't
              > want to offend nor betray his trust.

            • Sue Maxwell
              Message 6 of 17 , May 29, 2008
                I think the issue here is that you won't be posting his notes and
                research. You will only be adding to nFS the names and basic facts for
                the ancestors involved. Specific names and facts are not what you might
                call "copyrighted", only his research and notes belong to him. And you
                would only add the names of the people that are not already on nFS, not
                upload any of his work.
                Sue

                taffysmom2 wrote:

                > I was recently contacted by a gentleman who shares a common ancestor
                > with me 6 generations back. He saw a posting of mine on a public
                > website where I shared information about my side of the family that
                > came to the US in the mid-1800s. His relative emigrated to
                > Australia, where his family now lives. He has freely shared
                > information with me and I with him as we try to trace the family back
                > another generation.
                >
                > Today he sent me a gedcom with all his research on the family well
                > documented in Notes. Some of the documentation is my material sent
                > to him, but most is his or his family's own research. He has been
                > able to provide me answers to many of my own questions. It is
                > wonderful. Here is my dilemma: In the last email with the gedcom
                > attachment he said this, "Please don't upload to the net. It is
                > criminal how those guys take it then sell it!"
                >
                > I have never uploaded any gedcoms to public websites EXCEPT for NFS.
                > I have no intention of uploading his gedcom anywhere (so please don't
                > start posting all the reasons not to upload a gedcom because of
                > duplication, etc.). I was planning to add to my PAF file the family
                > information that I don't already have after checking his sources. I
                > was then intended to submit the family names for temple
                > ordinances like I have for the rest of the family I have researched.
                > They all fall properly into the guidelines posted in the NFS user's
                > guide. Entering them into NFS, however, seems to be doing
                > just what he asked me not to do.
                >
                > I've never before thought of it that way. I am the only member of
                > the church working on this line (as far as I know). I've never
                > thought before of my temple submissions going into the public
                > domain. When NFS goes public in a few years all the work will be
                > linked and sources and notes will be available as well. While that
                > is great as far as I'm concerned, I'm afraid this gentleman and his
                > family might not feel the same way.
                >
                > I've never told any of my internet contacts I was LDS and doing
                > family history research with the goal of submitting family names for
                > temple ordinances. I admit I am afraid the well will dry up, and I
                > will be cut off from future correspondence and vital information.
                > How do the rest of you handle these kinds of situations? I don't
                > want to offend nor betray his trust.

              • register
                Message 7 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                  I have been doing some exploring and wanted to learn more about the 'helper'
                  function. So I signed on to help my wife. But I see only her record and
                  mine. No parents no siblings no children and yet when I sign on as myself I
                  see all of her and my parents and siblings and children and further.

                  From her helper login I search for my father and he is not to be found. Yet
                  he is there.

                  Ideas.

                  Eric
                • Leslie Vaughn
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                    Is your father alive? If he is, he is not searchable. If your father is dead you just need to link him to you when you are signed in as your wife's helper. Then you should be able to see him and his linked ancestors. If your father is living, as your wife's helper, you can add him and link him to you and to his deceased ancestor. ( I know if he is living, he is already in there, but you cannot search for and link a living person)

                    You cannot search for any living person in nFS. Also your wife cannot see any living person except you, her children and her parents and her siblings if they are church members. If her children are minors or are adult members of the church you should be able to see them. If you cannot, you should have your wife go to the membership clerk to see what shows when he pulls up her membership records. If her children are not showing on the membership records, that needs to be corrected.

                    Hope this helps

                    Leslie
                    I have been doing some exploring and wanted to learn more about the 'helper'
                    function. So I signed on to help my wife. But I see only her record and
                    mine. No parents no siblings no children and yet when I sign on as myself I
                    see all of her and my parents and siblings and children and further.

                    From her helper login I search for my father and he is not to be found. Yet
                    he is there.

                    Ideas.

                    Eric

                  • register
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                      Thanks Leslie, good try. No parents are living. I would expect to find
                      that helping her would display the same information as helping myself. It
                      does not. As our parents are linked to us on my data and as the same people
                      (my wife and I) are on her data I would expect to see them. Her data shows
                      she and me and that is all. Her id number is the same in both cases.

                      Still looking for ideas.

                      Eric

                      I have been doing some exploring and wanted to learn more about the 'helper'
                      function. So I signed on to help my wife. But I see only her record and
                      mine. No parents no siblings no children and yet when I sign on as myself I
                      see all of her and my parents and siblings and children and further.

                      From her helper login I search for my father and he is not to be found. Yet
                      he is there.

                      Ideas.

                      Eric

                      Groups Links

                      Checked by AVG.
                      7:27 AM
                    • register
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                        I found a great reason for signing on as a helper for my wife. After doing
                        this several times I found my memory was improved and I did not have to open
                        my PAF program to find her birth date every time.

                        Eric
                      • Leslie Vaughn
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                          I don't know why her parents aren't showing but your parents and your ancestors shouldn't be showing when you sign on as her helper because you are living. You would just need to link your parents to you when you are signed on as her helper and that should put your ancestors on her chart. Again, I would go to the membership clerk to see what they have on her, because her living member children and her dead member (or proxy work done for her) parents should be linked to her. It should be an easy fix to add her parents to her. It is just a puzzlement as to why they aren't on there when she (you as helper) sign in.

                          Leslie

                          I have been doing some exploring and wanted to learn more about the 'helper'
                          function. So I signed on to help my wife. But I see only her record and
                          mine. No parents no siblings no children and yet when I sign on as myself I
                          see all of her and my parents and siblings and children and further.

                          From her helper login I search for my father and he is not to be found. Yet
                          he is there.

                          Ideas.

                          Eric

                          Checked by AVG.
                          7:27 AM

                        • Leslie Vaughn
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                            Ha! I should have my husband do that. We've been married 42 years and he still has to stop and think about my birthday! (and our kid's birthdays and our anniversary don't even ask him about the grandkids--too bad those aren't asked for when you help someone)

                            Message 13 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                              Eric

                              When you originally signed on as yourself you should have seen your
                              wife and children. Children over 18 display only the name. Living
                              parents are not seen. If your parents are living you need to input
                              them and they will then show, but only when you are logged in as
                              yourself. After you input your living ancestors you can link them to
                              deceased ancestors found in nFS, completing your tree.

                              When you login to help someone for the first time they (your wife)
                              must go through the same process to complete their tree. The living
                              persons entered for the 'helpee' will only be visible when logged in
                              as that person (either being helped or personal login) and they
                              cannot see the living people you enter while logged in as yourself.

                              Hope this might help.

                              Dave

                              --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, register <emregister@...> wrote:

                              > I have been doing some exploring and wanted to learn more about
                              the 'helper'
                              > function. So I signed on to help my wife. But I see only her
                              record and
                              > mine. No parents no siblings no children and yet when I sign on as
                              myself I
                              > see all of her and my parents and siblings and children and further.
                              >
                              > From her helper login I search for my father and he is not to be
                              found. Yet
                              > he is there.
                              >
                              > Ideas.
                              >
                              > Eric

                            • Alan Jones
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                                He was probably talking about the problem that has happened in the past
                                where people uploaded their materials to commercial sites such as Family
                                Tree Maker, where they offer free storage space but in the fine print it
                                says they can make a CD with everything on their site and sell it. There was
                                a large fuss over this a while ago, and law suits. The sites involved
                                changed their policies and I have not heard of any new such offenses.
                                There are sites such as FamilySearch.org that are very committed to NOT
                                making money off what people post. But we need to keep in mind that the
                                names/dates/places are already in the public domain. Someone could go
                                through the Census' and create a file and sell it, even if it had your
                                family on it. That is totally legal. If however, you have organized it,
                                documented it, etc. You automatically have a copyright and if others sold
                                it, you could sue them.

                                Of course when we do post things to the web (temple ordinances or others) we
                                don't include things like social security numbers, etc. So personal stuff
                                is never compromised.

                                I would tend to respond to the person and says something like: yes, I know
                                we need to be careful posting to the internet because some websites are more
                                interested in money than genealogy. Luckily there are a few websites that
                                can be trusted and it allows us to find other relatives who are also
                                researching our same family line, such as FamilySearch.org, etc. Assure him
                                that while some of your records may be on a website you would never post it
                                where the materials would be taken advantage of.

                                That's my opinion.

                                Alan

                                Message 15 of 17 , May 30, 2008
                                  Thank you for that explanation. It gives me a different perspective
                                  on his concerns. I hadn't thought of Family Tree Maker. Since the
                                  Catholic church recently banned access to many of their records to
                                  those who would submit the names for temple ordinances, I am more
                                  cautious than ever about offending relatives of different faiths.

                                  I have found the church's family history program to be a great way to
                                  introduce gospel principles to non-members. I'm not shy about
                                  spreading the word in that way, but I do fear that some of those who
                                  would otherwise give me information might not if they knew that I
                                  would be submitting the names eventually for temple ordinances.
                                  Thanks to the others who helped explain the difference between the
                                  names/dates, etc. and the personal notes and research info that are
                                  contained in a person's file.
                                  --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Jones" <alanjones10@...> wrote:

                                  > He was probably talking about the problem that has happened in the
                                  past
                                  > where people uploaded their materials to commercial sites such as
                                  Family
                                  > Tree Maker, where they offer free storage space but in the fine
                                  print it
                                  > says they can make a CD with everything on their site and sell it.
                                  There was
                                  > a large fuss over this a while ago, and law suits. The sites
                                  involved
                                  > changed their policies and I have not heard of any new such
                                  offenses.
                                  > There are sites such as FamilySearch.org that are very committed to
                                  NOT
                                  > making money off what people post. But we need to keep in mind that
                                  the
                                  > names/dates/places are already in the public domain. Someone could
                                  go
                                  > through the Census' and create a file and sell it, even if it had
                                  your
                                  > family on it. That is totally legal. If however, you have organized
                                  it,
                                  > documented it, etc. You automatically have a copyright and if
                                  others sold
                                  > it, you could sue them.
                                  >

                                  > Of course when we do post things to the web (temple ordinances or
                                  others) we
                                  > don't include things like social security numbers, etc. So
                                  personal stuff
                                  > is never compromised.
                                  >

                                  > I would tend to respond to the person and says something like: yes,
                                  I know
                                  > we need to be careful posting to the internet because some websites
                                  are more
                                  > interested in money than genealogy. Luckily there are a few
                                  websites that
                                  > can be trusted and it allows us to find other relatives who are also
                                  > researching our same family line, such as FamilySearch.org, etc.
                                  Assure him
                                  > that while some of your records may be on a website you would never
                                  post it
                                  > where the materials would be taken advantage of.
                                  >

                                  > That's my opinion.
                                  >
                                  > Alan

                                  Behalf Of
                                  > taffysmom2
                                  > Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:40 PM
                                  > To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com
                                  > Subject: Re: [FHCNET] NFS and Submitting Shared information

                                  > Today he sent me a gedcom with all his research on the family well
                                  > documented in Notes. Some of the documentation is my material sent
                                  > to him, but most is his or his family's own research. He has been
                                  > able to provide me answers to many of my own questions. It is
                                  > wonderful. Here is my dilemma: In the last email with the gedcom
                                  > attachment he said this, "Please don't upload to the net. It is
                                  > criminal how those guys take it then sell it!"
                                  >
                                  > I have never uploaded any gedcoms to public websites EXCEPT for
                                  NFS.
                                  > I have no intention of uploading his gedcom anywhere (so please
                                  don't
                                  > start posting all the reasons not to upload a gedcom because of
                                  > duplication, etc.). I was planning to add to my PAF file the family
                                  > information that I don't already have after checking his sources. I
                                  > was then intended to submit the family names for temple
                                  > ordinances like I have for the rest of the family I have
                                  researched.
                                  > They all fall properly into the guidelines posted in the NFS user's
                                  > guide. Entering them into NFS, however, seems to be doing
                                  > just what he asked me not to do.
                                  >
                                  > I've never before thought of it that way. I am the only member of
                                  > the church working on this line (as far as I know). I've never
                                  > thought before of my temple submissions going into the public
                                  > domain. When NFS goes public in a few years all the work will be
                                  > linked and sources and notes will be available as well. While that
                                  > is great as far as I'm concerned, I'm afraid this gentleman and his
                                  > family might not feel the same way.
                                  >
                                  > I've never told any of my internet contacts I was LDS and doing
                                  > family history research with the goal of submitting family names
                                  for
                                  > temple ordinances. I admit I am afraid the well will dry up, and I
                                  > will be cut off from future correspondence and vital information.
                                  > How do the rest of you handle these kinds of situations? I don't
                                  > want to offend nor betray his trust.

                                • T. Mason
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jun 1, 2008
                                    --- In message 20926 posted on Thu May 29, 2008, Jacob Edwards
                                    <jdaddy3@...> wrote:

                                    > The answer is found on page 184 in the NFS user's guide.
                                    > Sequence of Ordinances
                                    > Please perform temple ordinances in the correct sequence. This is
                                    as follows:
                                    > • Baptism
                                    > • Confirmation
                                    > • Ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood for males
                                    > • Initiatory ordinances
                                    > • Endowment
                                    > • Sealing of a husband and wife and sealing of children to parents
                                    (if possible.) Whenever possible, parents should be sealed to each
                                    other before their children are sealed to them.
                                    > Although vicarious ordinances performed out of sequence are valid,
                                    they become effective only after the prerequisite ordinances are
                                    completed.

                                    ISSUE: There have been ordinance cards printed as extraction records
                                    and then not processed for many years. That restricts the processing
                                    of children being sealed to their parents. Sometimes cards have been
                                    printed and lost before an endowment and the rest of the ordinances
                                    are done. Such record have been in the IGI as "Cleared" for years.

                                    QUESTION: What do you recommend should be done to free up these names
                                    so that ordinances can be done allowing us to complete the binding of
                                    all family members together?

                                    Terry Mason
                                    Clermont, Florida