Re: [FHCNET] Re: IM Program film renewal dates

  • Russell Hltn
    Message 1 of 15 , May 24, 2008
      I checked the help file, and it seems to do as you say. I donno. I
      wonder if an older version of IM did what I said. Perhaps it caused
      more problems so it was removed. I don't think I was imagining it.

      A couple of quotes from the help file:

      "If there are more than 15 days between the Date Shipped and Date
      Received dates, call Distribution Services and ask to have extra days
      added to the due date. You can use the Change Due Date screen to
      adjust the return and due dates for this PO."

      "Microfilms are due back in Salt Lake City on the due date. In the
      United States, the return date is 15 days before the due date' in
      Canada the return date is 30 days before the due date."

      "Film Loan Length: The loan length is determined by Church
      headquarters based on how long it takes to ship a microfilm to an
      area. In the United States the loan length is 60 days. In Canada it is
      90 days."

      In the Center Defaults section:

      "Days: If you check the Alert box, you can specify how many days
      before the microfilm return date you want to be alerted. Give yourself
      time to notify patrons, pull the microfilms, and prepare them for
      shipping back to Distribution Services."

      "Weekday: If you return your microfilms weekly on a specific day,
      indicate the day in this field. The system calculates the return date
      based on the day you indicate that you return microfilms."