roll out FYI

  • suziedaughter
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21, 2008
      Nauvoo Temple will go live in 4 months, We are all very excited. The
      program is wonderful, puts it all at your fingertips, Just have to be
      careful where you put those fingers,

      Best to take all the training you can find, it's worth the time you
      put into it.

      marian
    • Alan Jones
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 22, 2008
        Have any of the temples that were previously given roll out dates
        but were put on hold because of the problems been given a new date?

        Alan

      • Terri Jaskolka
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 22, 2008
          Raleigh, NC has not as of yet, but we are poised and ready... :)

          On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Alan Jones <alanjones10@...> wrote:

          > Have any of the temples that were previously given roll out dates
          > but were put on hold because of the problems been given a new date?
          >

          > Alan

        • Winter Owl
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 22, 2008
            Yes, several. Dallas had a date, was placed on hold and came up today. This date was given out two-three weeks ago.

            Houston has been given a date of next month.

            We are moving forward again!

            Robert

            Alan Jones <alanjones10@...> wrote: Have any of the temples that were previously given roll out dates
            but were put on hold because of the problems been given a new date?

            Alan

          • Daniel Clarkson
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 22, 2008
              Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth were originally scheduled for nFS activation mid March. As I have stated previously, Brisbane will be going online this weekend. I'm not aware of what is happening with the Sydney and Adelaide temples, but I would guess that they should be active soon.

              Daniel Clarkson.

              (:- If you cannot get everything that you want,
              be happy with all that you have -:)

              Have any of the temples that were previously given roll out dates
              but were put on hold because of the problems been given a new date?

              Alan

              <!--

              #ygrp-mkp{
              #ygrp-mkp hr{
              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
              #ygrp-mkp #hd{
              #ygrp-mkp #ads{
              margin-bottom:10px;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad{
              padding:0 0;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
              color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
              -->

              <!--

              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
              font-family:Arial;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
              margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
              -->

              <!--

              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;
              }
              #ygrp-text p{
              margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              font-family:Arial;
              clear:both;}
              #ygrp-vitnav{
              #ygrp-vitnav a{
              padding:0 1px;}
              #ygrp-actbar{
              #ygrp-actbar .left{
              float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
              .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-grft{
              #ygrp-ft{
              padding:5px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              padding-bottom:10px;}

              #ygrp-reco {
              margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
              #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
              font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;}

              #reco-grpname{
              font-weight:bold;margin-top:10px;}
              #reco-category{
              font-size:77%;}
              #reco-desc{
              font-size:77%;}

              #ygrp-vital{
              #ygrp-vital #vithd{
              #ygrp-vital ul{
              padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              #ygrp-vital ul li{
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-vital a{
              text-decoration:none;}

              #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}

              #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              color:#999;font-size:77%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              padding:8px 0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              text-decoration:none;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              margin:0;}
              o{font-size:0;}
              .MsoNormal{
              margin:0 0 0 0;}
              #ygrp-text tt{
              font-size:120%;}
              blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
              .replbq{margin:4;}
              -->

              www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail

            • register
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 23, 2008
                It is nice to see that the roll-out is rolling again.

                How much notice have you received of your temple district's 'live' date?
                Have you had 90 days notice?

                Eric
                Victoria FHC
                Victoria, BC Canada

                Seattle Temple District
              • Sue Barnsley
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 23, 2008
                  So with the addition of all these new temples has the search engine on the NFS been fixed?

                  > It is nice to see that the roll-out is rolling again.
                  >
                  > How much notice have you received of your temple district's
                  > 'live' date?
                  > Have you had 90 days notice?
                  >
                  > Eric
                  > Victoria FHC
                  > Victoria, BC Canada
                  >
                  > Seattle Temple District

                  Sue

                • Leslie Vaughn
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 23, 2008
                    Changes to nFS will be implemented when they issue the next version. They planned to issue the new versions every 3-4 months. Because of the server problems, I don't know if all the energies were focused on that or if they are on schedule with the new version. As has been stated, dramatic changes will be forthcoming a little at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

                    Leslie

                    So with the addition of all these new temples has the search engine on the NFS been fixed?

                    Recent Activity
                    a.. 9New Members
                    b.. 4New Files
                    Visit Your Group
                    Give Things.
                    Get Things.

                    It's free and it's

                    good for the planet.

                    Moderator Central
                    Get answers to

                    your questions about

                    running Y! Groups.

                    Women of Curves
                    on Yahoo! Groups

                    A positive group

                    to discuss Curves.
                    .

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 23, 2008
                      I've heard the bigger update this year won't happen
                      for another 4-6 months, the June update will be likely
                      more languages for the site. Especially given that
                      some of the temples are in areas none of the eight
                      present languages are being used regularly in.

                      --- Leslie Vaughn <Leslievaughn@...> wrote:

                      > Changes to nFS will be implemented when they issue
                      > the next version. They planned to issue the new
                      > versions every 3-4 months. Because of the server
                      > problems, I don't know if all the energies were
                      > focused on that or if they are on schedule with the
                      > new version. As has been stated, dramatic changes
                      > will be forthcoming a little at a time. Rome wasn't
                      > built in a day.
                      >
                      > Leslie

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    • Sue Barnsley
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 23, 2008
                        Understood, but given that this program has the worst search engine of anything out there you would think it would be a priority. Ten tries one night to find something that would only come up under a wrong input. Not good.

                        > Changes to nFS will be implemented when they issue the next
                        > version. They planned to issue the new versions every 3-4
                        > months. Because of the server problems, I don't know if
                        > all the energies were focused on that or if they are on schedule
                        > with the new version. As has been stated, dramatic changes
                        > will be forthcoming a little at a time. Rome wasn't built
                        > in a day.
                        >
                        > Leslie

                        Sue

                      • The Allens
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 23, 2008
                          Sue,
                          The nFS search engine probably isn't the worst one out there. I think
                          the Ellis Island site is worse. It isn't like the search engine is broken
                          and can be made perfect by finding the error in the programming . It is a
                          matter of writing and tweaking.
                          You can't just put something like PAFI in there, because, after all,
                          PAFI is not a search engine in the classic sense of the word. John just
                          wrote softtware to generate a hilligrillion individual searches taking into
                          account the limitations of the IGI search engine. Incorporating something
                          like that into the nFS software for every search isn't practical, as it
                          would bog down the servers or else be unacceptably slow. That's what
                          happened when Insight was first introduced. It threw those searches at the
                          server all at once, so the server promptly got a headache and quit. John had
                          to slow down the rate at which they were submitted.
                          If writing a good search engine was all that easy, I should think it
                          would have been done long ago, but there seems to be some trade-off between
                          thoroughness and speed that is a tough nut to crack.
                          Finally, I have long considered myself the leading realist ( pessimist?)
                          in regards to how well the new program will work, but you are seriously
                          challenging my position ;)
                          Would you please send me the name that nFS couldn't find. I would be
                          interested to know what the quirk is.
                          Thanks,

                          Dean Allen
                          Maryland