RE: [FHCNET] Roll out nFS

  • Nora Nell
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 21, 2008
      We certainly hope so! It appeared to me it was more a matter of obtaining
      more server capacity AND getting the members to pay attention to the
      instructions prior to uploading their files to nFS.

      Compliance on the part of the members is still going to be key to how well
      the program can work in the near future.

      Was the Seattle Temple District on that list??

      Nora Nell

      _____

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 21, 2008
        Have heard nothing about Seattle so far.

        There were also 15 programming issues they had to work
        through, that is according to someone who spoke at the
        BYU Computerized Genealogy Conference a month ago.
        Looks like they got all 15 'deltas' (a term used in
        the space program for a glitch that holds up a
        countdown or the start of a procedure) fixed and also
        have the server capacity upgraded.

        Another report from the same person points to the
        server capacity issue. They held those classes that
        myself, Renee Zamora, and some others in the Wasatch
        Front area attended and gave us access to prepare
        leaders and consultants for it, and it turns out they
        all started working on things in it on Sundays, that
        bogged things down, there were reports on this list of
        the slow response times just before that.

        --- Nora Nell <noranell1@...> wrote:

        > We certainly hope so! It appeared to me it was more
        > a matter of obtaining
        > more server capacity AND getting the members to pay
        > attention to the
        > instructions prior to uploading their files to nFS.
        >

        > Compliance on the part of the members is still going
        > to be key to how well
        > the program can work in the near future.
        >
        > Was the Seattle Temple District on that list??
        >
        > Nora Nell
        >
        > _____

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Daniel Clarkson
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 21, 2008
          According to information released 2 weeks ago, the Melbourne and Perth Temples were going live this week (yesterday I think), and Brisbane will be going live on Saturday 26th. Brisbane Temple is currently closed for cleaning, and will reopen on 7th May.

          Daniel Clarkson.

          (:- If you cannot get everything that you want,
          be happy with all that you have -:)

          For the last couple of months I have been lurking on the list to gain
          knowledge on the nFS.

          Just a coupe of minutes ago I received a massage that or Temple District
          (The Hague, Netherlands) will go live in about 4 months.

          Seems the problems have been solved.

          Rudolf.

          Checked by AVG.
          08:34

          <!--

          #ygrp-mkp{
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-reco {
          margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
          #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
          font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;}

          #reco-grpname{
          font-weight:bold;margin-top:10px;}
          #reco-category{
          font-size:77%;}
          #reco-desc{
          font-size:77%;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a{
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o{font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal{
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq{margin:4;}
          -->

          www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail

        • Donna
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 22, 2008
            I spoke with our Temple President this past weekend and he told me that
            we will be going live in the Halifax, New Brunswick temple the end of
            May. Yeehaw!!! :)
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 22, 2008
              Thanks for the updates on the temple nFS release dates. I have added them to
              my tracking map at
              http://milesmeyer.googlepages.com/templedistrictswithnewfamilysearch.

              Miles Meyer

              On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Daniel Clarkson <daniel2501au@...>
              wrote:

              > According to information released 2 weeks ago, the Melbourne and Perth
              > Temples were going live this week (yesterday I think), and Brisbane will be
              > going live on Saturday 26th. Brisbane Temple is currently closed for
              > cleaning, and will reopen on 7th May.
              >
              > Daniel Clarkson.

            • Winter Owl
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 22, 2008
                A little girl asked her mother, 'How did the human race appear?'

                The mother answered, 'God made Adam and Eve and they had children and
                then all mankind was made.'

                Two days later the girl asked her father the same question.

                The father answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys from which the
                human race evolved.'

                The confused girl returned to her mother and said, 'Mom, how is it
                possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad said
                they developed from monkeys?'

                The mother answered, 'Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about
                my side of the family and your father told you about his.'

                Robert

              • larry simonsen
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 22, 2008
                  Please help me on this. When did Halifax move to New Brunswick? Did we
                  merge 2 providences in Canada?

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 22, 2008
                    The Dallas Temple District went live today.

                  • Sven Luthman
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 23, 2008
                      Stockholm Sweden temple is announced April 8 and preliminary going live in August.
                      In our Stake the education for FHC's has been going on för a couple of month.

                      /Sven
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 23, 2008
                        > The mother answered, 'Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about
                        > my side of the family and your father told you about his.'

                        I dunno, that seems a little ... mean-spirited to me. More
                        like the sort of thing a bitter divorcee might say. Someone
                        should suggest counseling.

                        There should be no attachments on this message, unless I
                        specifically mentioned them above.
                      • Abraham Menes
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 23, 2008
                          You made my day today, thanks for making me smile.
                          Abraham Menes

                          A little girl asked her mother, 'How did the human race appear?'The mother answered, 'God made Adam and Eve and they had children andthen all mankind was made.'Two days later the girl asked her father the same question.The father answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys from which thehuman race evolved.'The confused girl returned to her mother and said, 'Mom, how is itpossible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad saidthey developed from monkeys?'The mother answered, 'Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you aboutmy side of the family and your father told you about his.' Robert****************************************************When life hands you lemons, auction them on E-Bay and buy yourself a big chocolate shake![Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 23, 2008
                            I loved it! We all need a little humor in our day. Thanks for the chuckle.
                            Sherry

                            listings at AOL Autos.

                          • Jeannette Claridge
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 27, 2008
                              Has anyone been able to access Miles Meyer's Temple Roll-Out Map? The URL
                              he gave is not available.

                              Jeannette

                              On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Sven Luthman <sven@...> wrote:

                              > Stockholm Sweden temple is announced April 8 and preliminary going live
                              > in August.
                              > In our Stake the education for FHC's has been going on för a couple of
                              > month.
                              >
                              > /Sven

                            • Larry and Becky Jamison
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 27, 2008
                                This is the link I use and it's working for me:
                                http://milesmeyer.googlepages.com/templedistrictswithnewfamilysearch

                                There's a great chart of the rollout status from The Ancestry Insider here:
                                http://ancestryinsider.blogspot.com/2007/07/temple-districts-using-new-familysearch.html

                                Becky Jamison
                                Canon City, CO

                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 28, 2008
                                  If it doesn't work you can start at the home page htp://
                                  milesmeyer.googlepages.com and click the link.

                                  Miles

                                  On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Jeannette Claridge <jnttegc@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > Has anyone been able to access Miles Meyer's Temple Roll-Out Map? The
                                  > URL
                                  > he gave is not available.
                                  >
                                  > Jeannette

                                • Emil O. Hanson
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 28, 2008
                                    Jeannette,
                                    You can access that information through the following TinyURL *
                                    http://tinyurl.com/22nzyx. Emil - ORFHC*

                                    On 4/27/08, Jeannette Claridge <jnttegc@...> wrote:

                                    > Has anyone been able to access Miles Meyer's Temple Roll-Out Map? The
                                    > URL
                                    > he gave is not available.
                                    >
                                    > Jeannette
                                    >
                                    > On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Sven Luthman <sven@...<sven%40luthman.net>>
                                    > wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Stockholm Sweden temple is announced April 8 and preliminary going live
                                    > > in August.
                                    > > In our Stake the education for FHC's has been going on för a couple of
                                    > > month.
                                    > >
                                    > > /Sven

                                    Emil O. Hanson

                                  • gturn55
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Apr 28, 2008
                                      There is a working link on my Consultants Page:

                                      http://newfamilyhistory.googlepages.com/fhconsultantlinks

                                      This link shows the list of temples and the map.

                                      Gary Turner