Probable cause of nFS rollout delay found.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2008
      Here's a note that was posted on LDS Tech.

      I was wrong. Lubbock IS delayed, but we are delayed
      "until further notice." I learned on Friday (after I
      posted the message above) that the problem is a server
      issue. The Church had contracted with one company to
      provide server space for all of the temples, and after
      the company learned that because the temples are all
      over the world it meant that the information would
      have to be accessable 24 hours a day, they said they
      couldn't provide that much space. Now they are trying
      to contract with a second, possibly a third company to
      provide the additional server space needed.

      So what has happened is there was an issue acquiring
      at least server bandwidth and probably storage as well
      for the entire world, apparently the temples are going
      to be using the net 24/7 once all the temples are
      online as far as the temples go when they return data
      to Salt Lake to be added to nFS.

      There must not be that many service providers that can
      handle 24/7 activity on such a large scale.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and