Help Please

  • Diane Kirkham
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
      A short time ago, someone posted a wonderful explanation of the
      organization for Temple work within a ward,,,ie,,,,Director being a
      stake calling,,,working w/ assigned high council, consultants working
      with HPGL's w/n the Ward and identifying needs. Also explained was
      where this instruction came from, ie superceding another publication.
      I intended to keep this info as I needed it for some leaders who are
      giving me a bit of trouble. I am a Director and have 3 FHC staff,(all
      from the same Ward),,,we are open 20 hrs a week. We are to service 3
      Wards and the public, with our roll out to be April 1st,,,,,,For
      numerous reasons I have been encouraging the other 2 Wards to get
      consultants called and trained. I could use the info from that
      posting. Sorry for inconvenience,,,,I really meant to save it.
      Diane
      Battle Creek, Michigan
    • carabela@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
        At lds.org you can go to "Serving in the Church", then click on "Family
        History" then click on "Priesthood Leadership in Family History." Under "Lessons"
        there are 2 links. The one you are talking about I believe is the first one,
        "Administering Family History Work." You can print out a very nice "pdf"
        from that first screen or you can do through the lessons. I printed them out for
        each Bishop in our Stake. The second link, "Encouraging Members To
        Participate" is very good also.

      • John Vilburn
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
          The document is on www.lds.org under Serving in the Church -> Family
          History -> Priesthood Leadership of Family History -> Administrative
          Guide for Family History.

          On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:20 AM, Diane Kirkham wrote:

          > A short time ago, someone posted a wonderful explanation of the
          > organization for Temple work within a ward,,,ie,,,,Director being a
          > stake calling,,,working w/ assigned high council, consultants working
          > with HPGL's w/n the Ward and identifying needs. Also explained was
          > where this instruction came from, ie superceding another publication.
          > I intended to keep this info as I needed it for some leaders who are
          > giving me a bit of trouble. I am a Director and have 3 FHC staff,(all
          > from the same Ward),,,we are open 20 hrs a week. We are to service 3
          > Wards and the public, with our roll out to be April 1st,,,,,,For
          > numerous reasons I have been encouraging the other 2 Wards to get
          > consultants called and trained. I could use the info from that
          > posting. Sorry for inconvenience,,,,I really meant to save it.
          > Diane
          > Battle Creek, Michigan

        • Gary Hoffman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
            Diane,

            Go to the Help Center within New FamilySearch. Then click on the Training and Resources
            tab. See the section under Priesthood Leaders. You'll find the updates to the General
            Handbook of Instructions and the Administrative Guide for Family History.

            Downloaded PDFs are faster than mail from SLC to your Stake President....

            Gary