Salt Lake: James L. Sorenson - Inventor - DNA Pioneer has died

  • Tom Kemp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2008
      James L. Sorenson, a pioneer in DNA research has died. A self-made
      billionaire, he used his wealth in many causes.

      Genealogists in particular are aware of his efforts with DNA and
      genealogy. In 1999 he started the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy
      Foundation. The group has collected more than 70,000 DNA samples,
      together with four-generation pedigree charts, from volunteers in more
      than 100 countries around the world.

      I included the lengthy obituary article in my posting at:
      http://genealogybankblog.blogspot.com/

      Tom