Re: [FHCNET] Scanstone and indexing projects

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
      About four months ago I heard they are working on
      preparing the indexing software in other languages so
      they can go to the big genealogy societies in Europe.
      Once they do that, the dam will break, they anticipate
      significant participation once indexing is rolled out
      in languages other than English and Spanish.

      Any more recent updates to that?

      http://www.familysearchindexing.org/fsi-admin/navctrl.jsf?pname=upcomingProjects

      > The don't have any Poland films listed yet but they
      > do have films from
      > Belgium, Germany and Ireland listed. They will
      > probably wait until they have
      > enough indexers with specific language skills before
      > they begin releasing
      > other languages. Right now they are looking for
      > 10,000 Spanish speaking
      > volunteers.
      >
      > Miles
      >

      > On Jan 7, 2008 9:44 PM, Rose Ingram
      > <roseingram@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Miles,
      > > Are there any scanned records from Poland ready
      > for indexing?
      > >
      > > Rose Ingram.
      > > Posted by: "Miles Meyer" Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:48 pm
      > (PST)
      > > Pat, I can answer question #2. The scanned records
      > are available from
      > > http://labs.familysearch.org then click on Records
      > Search. You will have
      > > register your e-mail address and wait for them to
      > send you a confirmation
      > > before you can access it but the indexed ones are
      > searchable and there is
      > > second group of records that are browseable. I
      > have been using it to
      > > access
      > > the Ohio and Utah death certificate records but
      > there are many more there.
      > > It is updated regularly and you may see some
      > records that are marked with
      > > red starts meaning they were recently added.
      > >
      > > Miles Meyer
      > >
      > > [

      > removed]

      Be a better friend, newshound, and