FamilyHistoryLive Hispanic Genealogy Online Conf. Jan. 12, 9am (MT)

  • lorrainehernandez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2008
      From Lynn Turners Blog
      http://hispanicgenealogy.blogspot.com/

      Friday, January 4, 2008

      FamilyHistoryLive Hispanic Genealogy Online Conference Update

      I met with the FamilyHistoryLiveOnline last night to discuss the
      conference/fair on January 12th. Lack of time to prepare and get their
      site 'Spanish' ready only three classes will be offered.

      It feels like this conference/fair will be informal and a good
      learning experience for everyone involved. Here is what you can expect:

      The online conference will begin at 9am (Mountain Time)
      You will need to visit the website and download their ReGL viewer.
      Spanish instructions on how to do this will be made available shortly.
      You will also need to register (it's free) on the website so that
      access codes and instructions can be emailed to you.

      The 3 classes that will be offered are:

      Nuevos recursos del Internet - by Lynn Turner
      Catálogo de la biblioteca de historia familiar (Family History Library
      Catalog) - por Jonathan Walker
      FamilySearch Indexing en Español - by Ana Montalvo

      Each class will be 45 minutes of instruction with about 15 minutes for
      questions and answers

      I'm looking forward to the conference/fair and I hope you are as
      well...it should be a lot of fun!! C

      Come help the online conference be a success.

      I hope this is the first of many online classes to come.