Re: Temples on NFS

  • blanchard@netutah.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
      I am visiting my daughter in Phoenix this weekend. She is a registered Family History Consultant and was notified via e-mail this morning (11-09-07)that Mesa was going on line. This week appears to be a big week for announcements.

      Don

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
        just received this from one of the Bismarck Temple workers from whom I
        had earlier inquired about their being notified. Moast of our members
        go there instead of Winter Quarters as it is the same distance but less
        busy to travel.

        guess what. The Bismarck Familly History Directors got their e-mail
        yesterday all over the Stake about nFS starting up in 90 days or so. It
        didn't come to the Temple tho, just the directors. FYI

        Dorothy Sargent

        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
          I saw a quick demonstration of this yesterday, it's
          extremely good, and there are ten lessons on how to
          use nFS on that page, it will eventually replace the
          lds.netdimensions.com site for consultants I believe.

          Only those registered as consultants (or priesthood
          leaders? they didn't say) will see that extra tab when
          they log in to nFS.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
            Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
            properly.

            With six previously announced and for the most part
            live, and 12 new ones shown, that leaves up to six
            more based on what I have recently heard, that the
            first of the big 'waves' of releases to temples will
            have 'up to 20' temples getting nFS. I'm wondering if
            some of those we haven't heard about yet are because
            they are International areas where our list doesn't
            have list members or ditto in the US for districts
            where we do not have list members? I'm sure we'll
            find out another way what those others might be if
            that is true.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • William Rigtrup
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
              I have heard the the Villahermosa Temple in Mexico has already gone on line. that is to my knowledge the first international temple. Excuse me Canada - being a Canadian at heart I can't forget the Alberta temple but in many respects I do not consider Canada a language etc "foreign country". but has their been any confirmation of that (the Mexican temple)?

              --- Garth Gooch <ggooch_00@...<mailto:ggooch_00%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

              > I think that there is still one more to add to the
              > list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes
              > that
              > they also got their notice earlier.
              >

              > --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...<mailto:ileenjohnson%40gmail.com>> wrote:
              >
              > > I have created a database of temple districts on
              > or
              > > about to go on
              > > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
              > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/> . You
              > > can see it if you
              > > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
              > > insisted in arranging
              > > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
              > > have missed some,
              > > please let me know so I can add them.
              > >
              > > Ileen
              > >

              > > Alberta Cardston
              > > Arizona Mesa
              > > Arizona Snowflake
              > > California Fresno
              > > California Los Angeles
              > > California Redlands
              > > California Sacramento
              > > California San Diego
              > > Florida Orlando Edit
              > > Michigan Detrtoit
              > > Missouri St. Louis
              > > Montana Billings
              > > Nebraska Winter Quarters
              > > Nevada Reno
              > > New Mexico Alburquerque
              > > Ohio Columbus
              > > Texas Dallas
              > > Texas San Antonio

              > > are on Rene's blog but
              > > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
              > > know how up to date it
              > > > is.

            • Ileen Johnson
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:

                > Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                > properly.

                James, the list of temple districts is in a Database (table) at
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database . We have not
                previously used Database until I enabled it to make the list, so I
                could add to it as needed. Database is another item on the sidebar
                along with Files, etc. I have added a few more temple districts to
                the list.

                Ileen
              • L.L. Scott
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                  You folks have me so excited,
                  hope the Birmingham Temple comes online soon.
                  I hope you folks have all those early New England families
                  combined, that is going to be scary :-)
                • William Rigtrup
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                    the only thing I would add is another column listing announced on really really really on line... gives some perspective. thanks though yours is a little more than mine...

                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database> . We have not