Re: [FHCNET] Temples on NFS

  • Dorothy Sargent
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
      I received my directors notice this morning to prepare the members for
      Winter Quarters (Omaha, Nebraska) going online. YEEPEE!

      Dorothy Sargent

      Sue Barnsley wrote:

      > Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are
      > coming onto the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one
      > temple outside the US. Any information when it will go outside North
      > America? Does any one know when the major upgrades are going to be
      > done as well...Miles?
      >
      > Active:
      > St. Louis (June)
      > Reno (July)
      > Billings (Aug)
      > Orlando (Aug)
      > Albuquerque NM (Oct)
      > Cardston (Oct)
      >
      > Coming:
      > Las Vegas?
      > Baton Rouge?
      > San Antonio
      > San Diego
      > Fresno
      > Sacramento
      > Los Angeles

    • Terri J.
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
        Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
        new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
        training website has been made available automatically?

        -Terri J.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        9:21 AM
      • Garth Gooch
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
          I think that there is still one more to add to the
          list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
          they also got their notice earlier.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • blanchard@netutah.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
            I am visiting my daughter in Phoenix this weekend. She is a registered Family History Consultant and was notified via e-mail this morning (11-09-07)that Mesa was going on line. This week appears to be a big week for announcements.

            Don

            I think that there is still one more to add to the
            list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
            they also got their notice earlier.

            --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...> wrote:

            > I have created a database of temple districts on or
            > about to go on
            > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/ . You
            > can see it if you
            > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
            > insisted in arranging
            > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
            > have missed some,
            > please let me know so I can add them.
            >
            > Ileen
            >

            > Alberta Cardston
            > Arizona Mesa
            > Arizona Snowflake
            > California Fresno
            > California Los Angeles
            > California Redlands
            > California Sacramento
            > California San Diego
            > Florida Orlando Edit
            > Michigan Detrtoit
            > Missouri St. Louis
            > Montana Billings
            > Nebraska Winter Quarters
            > Nevada Reno
            > New Mexico Alburquerque
            > Ohio Columbus
            > Texas Dallas
            > Texas San Antonio
            >

            > On Nov 9, 2007 2:22 PM, Miles Meyer
            > <milesmeyer@...> wrote:
            >
            > >> Somebody should be tracking these. I think they
            > are on Rene's blog but
            > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
            > know how up to date it
            > > is.

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:
            Spam
            Not spam
            Forget previous vote
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
              Once you get your notice and register for nFS the training all
              migrates over to the training tab at nFS. So, yes, the nFS training
              should be available once you get the notice.

              Miles Meyer

              On Nov 9, 2007 8:46 PM, Terri J. <tjaskolka@...> wrote:

              > Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
              > new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
              > training website has been made available automatically?
              >
              > -Terri J.

            • Dorothy Sargent
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                just received this from one of the Bismarck Temple workers from whom I
                had earlier inquired about their being notified. Moast of our members
                go there instead of Winter Quarters as it is the same distance but less
                busy to travel.

                guess what. The Bismarck Familly History Directors got their e-mail
                yesterday all over the Stake about nFS starting up in 90 days or so. It
                didn't come to the Temple tho, just the directors. FYI

                Dorothy Sargent

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                  I saw a quick demonstration of this yesterday, it's
                  extremely good, and there are ten lessons on how to
                  use nFS on that page, it will eventually replace the
                  lds.netdimensions.com site for consultants I believe.

                  Only those registered as consultants (or priesthood
                  leaders? they didn't say) will see that extra tab when
                  they log in to nFS.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                    Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                    properly.

                    With six previously announced and for the most part
                    live, and 12 new ones shown, that leaves up to six
                    more based on what I have recently heard, that the
                    first of the big 'waves' of releases to temples will
                    have 'up to 20' temples getting nFS. I'm wondering if
                    some of those we haven't heard about yet are because
                    they are International areas where our list doesn't
                    have list members or ditto in the US for districts
                    where we do not have list members? I'm sure we'll
                    find out another way what those others might be if
                    that is true.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • William Rigtrup
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                      I have heard the the Villahermosa Temple in Mexico has already gone on line. that is to my knowledge the first international temple. Excuse me Canada - being a Canadian at heart I can't forget the Alberta temple but in many respects I do not consider Canada a language etc "foreign country". but has their been any confirmation of that (the Mexican temple)?

                      --- Garth Gooch <ggooch_00@...<mailto:ggooch_00%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

                      > I think that there is still one more to add to the
                      > list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes
                      > that
                      > they also got their notice earlier.
                      >

                      > --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...<mailto:ileenjohnson%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I have created a database of temple districts on
                      > or
                      > > about to go on
                      > > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/> . You
                      > > can see it if you
                      > > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
                      > > insisted in arranging
                      > > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
                      > > have missed some,
                      > > please let me know so I can add them.
                      > >
                      > > Ileen
                      > >

                      > > Alberta Cardston
                      > > Arizona Mesa
                      > > Arizona Snowflake
                      > > California Fresno
                      > > California Los Angeles
                      > > California Redlands
                      > > California Sacramento
                      > > California San Diego
                      > > Florida Orlando Edit
                      > > Michigan Detrtoit
                      > > Missouri St. Louis
                      > > Montana Billings
                      > > Nebraska Winter Quarters
                      > > Nevada Reno
                      > > New Mexico Alburquerque
                      > > Ohio Columbus
                      > > Texas Dallas
                      > > Texas San Antonio

                      > > are on Rene's blog but
                      > > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
                      > > know how up to date it
                      > > > is.

                    • Ileen Johnson
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:

                        > Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                        > properly.

                        James, the list of temple districts is in a Database (table) at
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database . We have not
                        previously used Database until I enabled it to make the list, so I
                        could add to it as needed. Database is another item on the sidebar
                        along with Files, etc. I have added a few more temple districts to
                        the list.

                        Ileen
                      • L.L. Scott
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                          You folks have me so excited,
                          hope the Birmingham Temple comes online soon.
                          I hope you folks have all those early New England families
                          combined, that is going to be scary :-)
                        • William Rigtrup
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                            the only thing I would add is another column listing announced on really really really on line... gives some perspective. thanks though yours is a little more than mine...

                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database> . We have not