Re: [FHCNET] Temples on NFS

  • Gary Hall
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
      just got a notice about an hour ago that Dallas will go on line in 90
      days
      g hall

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
        Somebody should be tracking these. I think they are on Rene's blog but
        it has been a while since I checked so I don't know how up to date it
        is.

        As far as the major upgrades, I only know what I have seen posted at
        the beta site and there is a memo titled "What's New in the New
        FamilySearch?" dated with a future date. I won't tell you what the
        date is but suffice it to say it is very close. I don't really know if
        that is a release date or not but it is a date.

        Miles Meyer

        On Nov 9, 2007 12:44 PM, Sue Barnsley <sbarnsley@...> wrote:

        > Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are coming onto
        > the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one temple outside the
        > US. Any information when it will go outside North America? Does any one know
        > when the major upgrades are going to be done as well...Miles?
        >
        > Active:
        > St. Louis (June)
        > Reno (July)
        > Billings (Aug)
        > Orlando (Aug)
        > Albuquerque NM (Oct)
        > Cardston (Oct)
        >
        > Coming:
        > Las Vegas?
        > Baton Rouge?
        > San Antonio
        > San Diego
        > Fresno
        > Sacramento
        > Los Angeles

      • Ileen Johnson
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
          I have created a database of temple districts on or about to go on
          nFS. It is in our Files Section at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/ . You can see it if you
          have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table insisted in arranging
          them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I have missed some,
          please let me know so I can add them.

          Ileen

          Alberta Cardston
          Arizona Mesa
          Arizona Snowflake
          California Fresno
          California Los Angeles
          California Redlands
          California Sacramento
          California San Diego
          Florida Orlando Edit
          Michigan Detrtoit
          Missouri St. Louis
          Montana Billings
          Nebraska Winter Quarters
          Nevada Reno
          New Mexico Alburquerque
          Ohio Columbus
          Texas Dallas
          Texas San Antonio

          On Nov 9, 2007 2:22 PM, Miles Meyer <milesmeyer@...> wrote:

          >> Somebody should be tracking these. I think they are on Rene's blog but
          > it has been a while since I checked so I don't know how up to date it
          > is.

        • Sue Barnsley
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
            Which temple covers Detriot?

          • Sue Barnsley
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
              Thanks Ileen, that is helpful. At one point Renee had said that Las Vegas was also up, has anyone confirmed that?

              It is interesting that there is still only one temple outside the US online or going online.

            • Balls Don
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                Detroit Temple cover the Detroit Michigan area the Temple is in Bloomfield Hills Michigan on Woodward Ave.

                Elder and Sister Balls
                Phone 801-532-2685

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                  I received my directors notice this morning to prepare the members for
                  Winter Quarters (Omaha, Nebraska) going online. YEEPEE!

                  Dorothy Sargent

                  Sue Barnsley wrote:

                  > Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are
                  > coming onto the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one
                  > temple outside the US. Any information when it will go outside North
                  > America? Does any one know when the major upgrades are going to be
                  > done as well...Miles?
                  >
                  > Active:
                  > St. Louis (June)
                  > Reno (July)
                  > Billings (Aug)
                  > Orlando (Aug)
                  > Albuquerque NM (Oct)
                  > Cardston (Oct)
                  >
                  > Coming:
                  > Las Vegas?
                  > Baton Rouge?
                  > San Antonio
                  > San Diego
                  > Fresno
                  > Sacramento
                  > Los Angeles

                • Terri J.
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                    Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
                    new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
                    training website has been made available automatically?

                    -Terri J.

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    9:21 AM
                  • Garth Gooch
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                      I think that there is still one more to add to the
                      list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
                      they also got their notice earlier.

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • blanchard@netutah.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                        I am visiting my daughter in Phoenix this weekend. She is a registered Family History Consultant and was notified via e-mail this morning (11-09-07)that Mesa was going on line. This week appears to be a big week for announcements.

                        Don

                        I think that there is still one more to add to the
                        list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
                        they also got their notice earlier.

                        --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...> wrote:

                        > I have created a database of temple districts on or
                        > about to go on
                        > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/ . You
                        > can see it if you
                        > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
                        > insisted in arranging
                        > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
                        > have missed some,
                        > please let me know so I can add them.
                        >
                        > Ileen
                        >

                        > Alberta Cardston
                        > Arizona Mesa
                        > Arizona Snowflake
                        > California Fresno
                        > California Los Angeles
                        > California Redlands
                        > California Sacramento
                        > California San Diego
                        > Florida Orlando Edit
                        > Michigan Detrtoit
                        > Missouri St. Louis
                        > Montana Billings
                        > Nebraska Winter Quarters
                        > Nevada Reno
                        > New Mexico Alburquerque
                        > Ohio Columbus
                        > Texas Dallas
                        > Texas San Antonio
                        >

                        > On Nov 9, 2007 2:22 PM, Miles Meyer
                        > <milesmeyer@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > >> Somebody should be tracking these. I think they
                        > are on Rene's blog but
                        > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
                        > know how up to date it
                        > > is.

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                        Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:
                        Spam
                        Not spam
                        Forget previous vote
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                          Once you get your notice and register for nFS the training all
                          migrates over to the training tab at nFS. So, yes, the nFS training
                          should be available once you get the notice.

                          Miles Meyer

                          On Nov 9, 2007 8:46 PM, Terri J. <tjaskolka@...> wrote:

                          > Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
                          > new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
                          > training website has been made available automatically?
                          >
                          > -Terri J.

                        • Dorothy Sargent
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                            just received this from one of the Bismarck Temple workers from whom I
                            had earlier inquired about their being notified. Moast of our members
                            go there instead of Winter Quarters as it is the same distance but less
                            busy to travel.

                            guess what. The Bismarck Familly History Directors got their e-mail
                            yesterday all over the Stake about nFS starting up in 90 days or so. It
                            didn't come to the Temple tho, just the directors. FYI

                            Dorothy Sargent

                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                              I saw a quick demonstration of this yesterday, it's
                              extremely good, and there are ten lessons on how to
                              use nFS on that page, it will eventually replace the
                              lds.netdimensions.com site for consultants I believe.

                              Only those registered as consultants (or priesthood
                              leaders? they didn't say) will see that extra tab when
                              they log in to nFS.

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                                properly.

                                With six previously announced and for the most part
                                live, and 12 new ones shown, that leaves up to six
                                more based on what I have recently heard, that the
                                first of the big 'waves' of releases to temples will
                                have 'up to 20' temples getting nFS. I'm wondering if
                                some of those we haven't heard about yet are because
                                they are International areas where our list doesn't
                                have list members or ditto in the US for districts
                                where we do not have list members? I'm sure we'll
                                find out another way what those others might be if
                                that is true.

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • William Rigtrup
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                  I have heard the the Villahermosa Temple in Mexico has already gone on line. that is to my knowledge the first international temple. Excuse me Canada - being a Canadian at heart I can't forget the Alberta temple but in many respects I do not consider Canada a language etc "foreign country". but has their been any confirmation of that (the Mexican temple)?

                                  --- Garth Gooch <ggooch_00@...<mailto:ggooch_00%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

                                  > I think that there is still one more to add to the
                                  > list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes
                                  > that
                                  > they also got their notice earlier.
                                  >

                                  > --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...<mailto:ileenjohnson%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > I have created a database of temple districts on
                                  > or
                                  > > about to go on
                                  > > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                                  > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/> . You
                                  > > can see it if you
                                  > > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
                                  > > insisted in arranging
                                  > > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
                                  > > have missed some,
                                  > > please let me know so I can add them.
                                  > >
                                  > > Ileen
                                  > >

                                  > > Alberta Cardston
                                  > > Arizona Mesa
                                  > > Arizona Snowflake
                                  > > California Fresno
                                  > > California Los Angeles
                                  > > California Redlands
                                  > > California Sacramento
                                  > > California San Diego
                                  > > Florida Orlando Edit
                                  > > Michigan Detrtoit
                                  > > Missouri St. Louis
                                  > > Montana Billings
                                  > > Nebraska Winter Quarters
                                  > > Nevada Reno
                                  > > New Mexico Alburquerque
                                  > > Ohio Columbus
                                  > > Texas Dallas
                                  > > Texas San Antonio

                                  > > are on Rene's blog but
                                  > > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
                                  > > know how up to date it
                                  > > > is.

                                • Ileen Johnson
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                    --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:

                                    > Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                                    > properly.

                                    James, the list of temple districts is in a Database (table) at
                                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database . We have not
                                    previously used Database until I enabled it to make the list, so I
                                    could add to it as needed. Database is another item on the sidebar
                                    along with Files, etc. I have added a few more temple districts to
                                    the list.

                                    Ileen
                                  • L.L. Scott
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                      You folks have me so excited,
                                      hope the Birmingham Temple comes online soon.
                                      I hope you folks have all those early New England families
                                      combined, that is going to be scary :-)
                                    • William Rigtrup
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                        the only thing I would add is another column listing announced on really really really on line... gives some perspective. thanks though yours is a little more than mine...

                                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database> . We have not