Re: [FHCNET] Temples on NFS

  • Ron Hall
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
      Detroit temple district has been given their 90 day notice.
      Ron Hall
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
        I'll have to have him check tonight. I guess I should call support to let them know of the problem too - I had been waiting to see if my FHC Director e-mail has just been delayed in the apparantly large number of e-mails being sent out with all of the announcements we are hearing.

        I have had access to nFS since the e-mail came out to FHC directors. One of our FHC workers/consultants has also had access for a few weeks although she is not a director and we just received notification about going live. She just tried logging in at home after I had shown her nFS through the helper mode and she was able to get in under her own login.

        Rebecca Christensen

        Russell Hltn <RussellHltn@...> wrote:
        On Nov 9, 2007 7:58 AM, Rebecca Christensen wrote:
        > Winter Quarters Temple just received the 90 day notification yesterday and this morning although the e-mails are a little messed up. My husband, a High Priest Group Leader, received an email yesterday addressed to Family History Directors with the FHC Director attachments

        Same thing happened to me. Is he able to create a login on nFS?
        Right now, I can't. And when I called support, they said that someone
        else in another temple district called in with the same problem.
        That's why I posted the question.

      • Gary Hall
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
          just got a notice about an hour ago that Dallas will go on line in 90
          days
          g hall

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
            Somebody should be tracking these. I think they are on Rene's blog but
            it has been a while since I checked so I don't know how up to date it
            is.

            As far as the major upgrades, I only know what I have seen posted at
            the beta site and there is a memo titled "What's New in the New
            FamilySearch?" dated with a future date. I won't tell you what the
            date is but suffice it to say it is very close. I don't really know if
            that is a release date or not but it is a date.

            Miles Meyer

            On Nov 9, 2007 12:44 PM, Sue Barnsley <sbarnsley@...> wrote:

            > Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are coming onto
            > the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one temple outside the
            > US. Any information when it will go outside North America? Does any one know
            > when the major upgrades are going to be done as well...Miles?
            >
            > Active:
            > St. Louis (June)
            > Reno (July)
            > Billings (Aug)
            > Orlando (Aug)
            > Albuquerque NM (Oct)
            > Cardston (Oct)
            >
            > Coming:
            > Las Vegas?
            > Baton Rouge?
            > San Antonio
            > San Diego
            > Fresno
            > Sacramento
            > Los Angeles

          • Ileen Johnson
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
              I have created a database of temple districts on or about to go on
              nFS. It is in our Files Section at
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/ . You can see it if you
              have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table insisted in arranging
              them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I have missed some,
              please let me know so I can add them.

              Ileen

              Alberta Cardston
              Arizona Mesa
              Arizona Snowflake
              California Fresno
              California Los Angeles
              California Redlands
              California Sacramento
              California San Diego
              Florida Orlando Edit
              Michigan Detrtoit
              Missouri St. Louis
              Montana Billings
              Nebraska Winter Quarters
              Nevada Reno
              New Mexico Alburquerque
              Ohio Columbus
              Texas Dallas
              Texas San Antonio

              On Nov 9, 2007 2:22 PM, Miles Meyer <milesmeyer@...> wrote:

              >> Somebody should be tracking these. I think they are on Rene's blog but
              > it has been a while since I checked so I don't know how up to date it
              > is.

            • Sue Barnsley
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                Which temple covers Detriot?

              • Sue Barnsley
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                  Thanks Ileen, that is helpful. At one point Renee had said that Las Vegas was also up, has anyone confirmed that?

                  It is interesting that there is still only one temple outside the US online or going online.

                • Balls Don
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                    Detroit Temple cover the Detroit Michigan area the Temple is in Bloomfield Hills Michigan on Woodward Ave.

                    Elder and Sister Balls
                    Phone 801-532-2685

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                      I received my directors notice this morning to prepare the members for
                      Winter Quarters (Omaha, Nebraska) going online. YEEPEE!

                      Dorothy Sargent

                      Sue Barnsley wrote:

                      > Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are
                      > coming onto the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one
                      > temple outside the US. Any information when it will go outside North
                      > America? Does any one know when the major upgrades are going to be
                      > done as well...Miles?
                      >
                      > Active:
                      > St. Louis (June)
                      > Reno (July)
                      > Billings (Aug)
                      > Orlando (Aug)
                      > Albuquerque NM (Oct)
                      > Cardston (Oct)
                      >
                      > Coming:
                      > Las Vegas?
                      > Baton Rouge?
                      > San Antonio
                      > San Diego
                      > Fresno
                      > Sacramento
                      > Los Angeles

                    • Terri J.
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                        Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
                        new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
                        training website has been made available automatically?

                        -Terri J.

                        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                        9:21 AM
                      • Garth Gooch
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                          I think that there is still one more to add to the
                          list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
                          they also got their notice earlier.

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • blanchard@netutah.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                            I am visiting my daughter in Phoenix this weekend. She is a registered Family History Consultant and was notified via e-mail this morning (11-09-07)that Mesa was going on line. This week appears to be a big week for announcements.

                            Don

                            I think that there is still one more to add to the
                            list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
                            they also got their notice earlier.

                            --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...> wrote:

                            > I have created a database of temple districts on or
                            > about to go on
                            > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/ . You
                            > can see it if you
                            > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
                            > insisted in arranging
                            > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
                            > have missed some,
                            > please let me know so I can add them.
                            >
                            > Ileen
                            >

                            > Alberta Cardston
                            > Arizona Mesa
                            > Arizona Snowflake
                            > California Fresno
                            > California Los Angeles
                            > California Redlands
                            > California Sacramento
                            > California San Diego
                            > Florida Orlando Edit
                            > Michigan Detrtoit
                            > Missouri St. Louis
                            > Montana Billings
                            > Nebraska Winter Quarters
                            > Nevada Reno
                            > New Mexico Alburquerque
                            > Ohio Columbus
                            > Texas Dallas
                            > Texas San Antonio
                            >

                            > On Nov 9, 2007 2:22 PM, Miles Meyer
                            > <milesmeyer@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > >> Somebody should be tracking these. I think they
                            > are on Rene's blog but
                            > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
                            > know how up to date it
                            > > is.

                            http://mail.yahoo.com

                            Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:
                            Spam
                            Not spam
                            Forget previous vote
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                              Once you get your notice and register for nFS the training all
                              migrates over to the training tab at nFS. So, yes, the nFS training
                              should be available once you get the notice.

                              Miles Meyer

                              On Nov 9, 2007 8:46 PM, Terri J. <tjaskolka@...> wrote:

                              > Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
                              > new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
                              > training website has been made available automatically?
                              >
                              > -Terri J.

                            • Dorothy Sargent
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                just received this from one of the Bismarck Temple workers from whom I
                                had earlier inquired about their being notified. Moast of our members
                                go there instead of Winter Quarters as it is the same distance but less
                                busy to travel.

                                guess what. The Bismarck Familly History Directors got their e-mail
                                yesterday all over the Stake about nFS starting up in 90 days or so. It
                                didn't come to the Temple tho, just the directors. FYI

                                Dorothy Sargent

                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                  I saw a quick demonstration of this yesterday, it's
                                  extremely good, and there are ten lessons on how to
                                  use nFS on that page, it will eventually replace the
                                  lds.netdimensions.com site for consultants I believe.

                                  Only those registered as consultants (or priesthood
                                  leaders? they didn't say) will see that extra tab when
                                  they log in to nFS.

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                    Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                                    properly.

                                    With six previously announced and for the most part
                                    live, and 12 new ones shown, that leaves up to six
                                    more based on what I have recently heard, that the
                                    first of the big 'waves' of releases to temples will
                                    have 'up to 20' temples getting nFS. I'm wondering if
                                    some of those we haven't heard about yet are because
                                    they are International areas where our list doesn't
                                    have list members or ditto in the US for districts
                                    where we do not have list members? I'm sure we'll
                                    find out another way what those others might be if
                                    that is true.

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  • William Rigtrup
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                      I have heard the the Villahermosa Temple in Mexico has already gone on line. that is to my knowledge the first international temple. Excuse me Canada - being a Canadian at heart I can't forget the Alberta temple but in many respects I do not consider Canada a language etc "foreign country". but has their been any confirmation of that (the Mexican temple)?

                                      --- Garth Gooch <ggooch_00@...<mailto:ggooch_00%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

                                      > I think that there is still one more to add to the
                                      > list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes
                                      > that
                                      > they also got their notice earlier.
                                      >

                                      > --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...<mailto:ileenjohnson%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > I have created a database of temple districts on
                                      > or
                                      > > about to go on
                                      > > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                                      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/> . You
                                      > > can see it if you
                                      > > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
                                      > > insisted in arranging
                                      > > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
                                      > > have missed some,
                                      > > please let me know so I can add them.
                                      > >
                                      > > Ileen
                                      > >

                                      > > Alberta Cardston
                                      > > Arizona Mesa
                                      > > Arizona Snowflake
                                      > > California Fresno
                                      > > California Los Angeles
                                      > > California Redlands
                                      > > California Sacramento
                                      > > California San Diego
                                      > > Florida Orlando Edit
                                      > > Michigan Detrtoit
                                      > > Missouri St. Louis
                                      > > Montana Billings
                                      > > Nebraska Winter Quarters
                                      > > Nevada Reno
                                      > > New Mexico Alburquerque
                                      > > Ohio Columbus
                                      > > Texas Dallas
                                      > > Texas San Antonio

                                      > > are on Rene's blog but
                                      > > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
                                      > > know how up to date it
                                      > > > is.

                                    • Ileen Johnson
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:

                                        > Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                                        > properly.

                                        James, the list of temple districts is in a Database (table) at
                                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database . We have not
                                        previously used Database until I enabled it to make the list, so I
                                        could add to it as needed. Database is another item on the sidebar
                                        along with Files, etc. I have added a few more temple districts to
                                        the list.

                                        Ileen
                                      • L.L. Scott
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                          You folks have me so excited,
                                          hope the Birmingham Temple comes online soon.
                                          I hope you folks have all those early New England families
                                          combined, that is going to be scary :-)
                                        • William Rigtrup
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                            the only thing I would add is another column listing announced on really really really on line... gives some perspective. thanks though yours is a little more than mine...

                                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database> . We have not